1993 Honda prelude vtec

Old June 20th 05, 10:02 PM
cocococo1

Default 1993 Honda prelude vtec

I have had the car standing for a couple of weeks and have been trying to
get it started to use it and I have no fuel pressure at all.

Spark present but no fuel at all.Possible fuel shut off relay but not sure
where it is or which relay as all wriiten in Japanese.

Any help please.

Old June 21st 05, 04:05 PM
motsco_ _

cocococo1 wrote:
> I have had the car standing for a couple of weeks and have been trying to
> get it started to use it and I have no fuel pressure at all.
>
> Spark present but no fuel at all.Possible fuel shut off relay but not sure
> where it is or which relay as all wriiten in Japanese.
>
> Any help please.

------------------------

If you've disconnected the fuel line and are sure there's no fuel
pressure, put the key in position II, and smack the dash on the left
side of the steering wheel. You'll hear the fuel pump run. Is it fairly
WARM where you are?

If you haven't proven (conclusively) that there's no fuel pressure, hold
the pedal to the floor and crank the starter for up to fifteen seconds.
It's way more likely that your engine is flooded. Your owner's manual
says that a flooded engine can started that way. Your fuel relay won't
fail by itself while "standing for a couple weeks", but your leaking
injector can drain all the pressure out of the fuel rail and flood the
engine. It can happen overnight too. It happened to my Odyssey. I ran
two tanks of Gasohol thru it and it never happened again.

'Curly'

Old June 23rd 05, 08:34 PM
cocococo1

I have tested my main relay and it seems as though all is well, ae there
fuses covering the supply to this unit and if so does any one know where
they are on this model.

Many thanks
Vic