H6024??

Old February 4th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

Default H6024??

XS11E wrote:
> Last night I found I had a broken headlight on the 1992 MX5. On my way
> home I stopped at a couple of places to get a new one and found
> AutoZone was out and their computer showed their other nearby stores
> were also out.
>
> I headed across the street to Walmart and found one there, they had
> only two.
>
> I wonder if the H6024 going to become a scarce item? Apparently nobody
> uses the old 7" round dual beam headlight any more...

Sealed beams are rubbish - they were only kept in production by archaic
US lighting regs. Japanese NA imports come over to the UK with them,
and you can spot them easily because they're so dim and yellow compared
to H4 halogens.

A lot of people are fitting the HID H4 conversion kits now, but they're
borderline-legal (the regs really require headlamp washers and dynamic
self-levelling).
Old February 6th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> "Christopher Muto" > wrote:
>
>> however the hella are probably dot approved

> The Hella E-code is not DOT approved, apparently because it lacks the
> three little bumps for machine aiming (is that still done?).
>
> The Hella Vision Plus model is approved, but it has an inferior light
> pattern and is particularly unsuitable for use on NA Miatas--there's a
> weep hole that isn't at the low point when the barn doors are closed,
> so the reflector collects condensation.

Ooh, thanks for mentioning that, Lanny. I think I have to replace one of
mine and I think that was one of the models I found.

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply