Greedy *******s.....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 28th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default Greedy *******s.....

In article >, Nicholas Anthony wrote:

> four per dealership. I bet if they had increased production there would be
> much fewer BMW's or Corvettes sold.

Of course. It's going to come down to availablity for a lot of people.
The chevy dealer a few blocks away from me has no trouble keeping
Corvettes in stock and quite clearly sells them in volume, not as sacred
relics. I doubt a BMW dealer is going to give a buyer any problems over a
335i either. Meanwhile Ford dealers are going to play games over their
only model in this market segment.

> I just left a local Ford dealership and
> asked about the Shelby GT that comes out in January. They said they were
> also going to cost $20k over sticker, sigh... Ford needs to change this
> mentality people do remember and when the Camaro and Charger come out will
> throw it back in their face if they could.

I am tempted to wait until they come out just for that. Odds are the
GT500 will be canceled for low sales before that happens. Low sales with
all this interest because the dealer network upped the price far out of
wack with what the car is and the buyers went elsewhere.

> IMO that is the only reason why
> they are getting away with this, no competition. Personally I would buy a
> Corvette over a Shelby GT costing $55k more car for the money and a weight a
> sports car should be.

The vette isn't exactly a lightweight, but for the prices dealers are
asking for the GT500, one can get a top of the line vette or close to it
or an M3 or various other cars that are simply more bang for the buck.

> Greed is what is killing this company. A great example of this is buying a
> bunch of the European luxury makers and forgetting what Henry Ford believed
> in the first place, a car for the common man.

There really isn't a problem with them having said makes. The big problem is
that most of the Ford line is boring crap. The 500, a warmed over volvo
if I remember right, isn't doing it.