Mazda 626 Headlight Problem

Old December 6th 05, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Mazda 626 Headlight Problem

I own a 1996 626, V6 automatic Mazda. Recently had it in to the dealer
because the gear shift would not disengage without using the key lock,
even when pressing the brake pedal. Dealership replaced the shift
actuator. This was on the 9th of Nov.

Since then I hear a release noise every time I release the brake pedal in
stop and go traffic. If that is the way it is going to be then fine.

The problem that has sprung up and I have no idea if related is that both
headlights started to just go off. I would either put the car in gear or
out of gear again and they would come back on. Sometimes they would just
go off while I was driving. When this happens, the and I try to engage
the high beam lights by pushing the lever forward I get nothing. But when
I pull back on the lever and hold it I do get the high beams and only the
high beams.

I went out today and purchased two new bulbs for the regular headlights
and .....nothing. Any suggestions before I lose a day while giving my car
back to the dealership?

this time a year it is hard to drive anywhere with it getting dark so
early.

Thank you for your time.