What do you think?

Old February 26th 09, 06:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G[_2_] Mike G[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default What do you think?

I recieved an email and told the guy that it would be put before the
group......
Tell me what you think, it's your FAQ too.......
You helped write them.

Mike

Hey Mike,

You've done a great job with the FAQ for "alt.binaries.pictures.autos", and
I think a lot of newsgroups could benefit from folks taking the time to
draft a set of guidelines & getting started tips for their favorite group.

We operate a public site that offers Usenet provider comparisons and
commentary, and I wanted to see if you'd be interested in adding it to your
FAQ as a resource.

Best regards,

Joe Sykes

NewsAdmin.Com

Old February 26th 09, 07:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

On first impression I don't see how adding their Usenet provider comparisons
to our FAQs would benefit ABPA or the people who frequent this newsgroup.
Do we want to be associated with an organization or individual that rates
Usenet providers? Is this rating of providers confined just to the USA? If
so, how about all the others who have been mainstays of this group? Now if
they wanted to post our FAQ somewhere on a site of theirs I wouldn't have
any objections but by linking to them aren't we endorsing their opinions and
ratings? So unless I had a lot more information I'd shy away from there and
remain independent.

max

Old February 26th 09, 07:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Mike G" > wrote in message
>I recieved an email and told the guy that it would be put before the
>group......
> Tell me what you think, it's your FAQ too.......
> You helped write them.

Sure. Why not?
--
Pat Durkin

email: t o b a c c o h a t e r 1 @ y a h o o . c o m

Old February 26th 09, 07:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Max Magister" > wrote in message
g.com...
> On first impression I don't see how adding their Usenet provider
> comparisons to our FAQs would benefit ABPA or the people who frequent this
> newsgroup. Do we want to be associated with an organization or individual
> that rates Usenet providers? Is this rating of providers confined just to
> the USA? If so, how about all the others who have been mainstays of this
> group? Now if they wanted to post our FAQ somewhere on a site of theirs I
> wouldn't have any objections but by linking to them aren't we endorsing
> their opinions and ratings? So unless I had a lot more information I'd
> shy away from there and remain independent.

Hmmm. I didn't even read that part. Yeah I might back off too.

Old February 26th 09, 01:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Roadsign[_5_]

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:55:49 -0600, "Mike G" >
wrote:

>I recieved an email and told the guy that it would be put before the
>group......
>Tell me what you think, it's your FAQ too.......
>You helped write them.
>
>Mike

Mike,

My 2 cents worth says to thank this guy but decline. We don't really
need him. I think we always do a good job of helping others with
posting issues, graphics ideas (several here have helped me with
that!) and other such things.

Tony

Old February 26th 09, 02:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G[_2_] Mike G[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Square Wheels" > wrote in message
newsan.2009.02.26.10.53.26.454768@069_flashinthe pan.pan...

> There are literally dozens of similar sites. You just need to google them
> up. And of course, they don't all agree.
>
> However, the idea of a secondary document, with 'tips and tricks' like
> listing Premium Servers or evaluation sites, newsreaders, autoposters,
> where to find them and how to configure and use them, graphics
> manipulation how-tos and such would be a good idea, and fairly common.
>
> There is one written by 'Dr. Who' that is used by countless groups.
>
> I'll grab a copy and post it for your perusal, if y'all want.
>

> SW

Please do
--
It doesn't matter where you go, it's who's beside you that counts,........

Old February 26th 09, 02:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G[_2_] Mike G[_2_] is offline
Banned

Thanks Max, Pat, Roadsign, SW,and others for your comments.

Ok, I'll do that. The general concensus is not to link but stay independent.
I'll tell him that we as a group do not mind if he wants to post our FAQ as
a guideline for others.....
Sound right?

Old February 26th 09, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Roadsign[_5_]

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:25:15 -0600, "Mike G" >
wrote:

>Thanks Max, Pat, Roadsign, SW,and others for your comments.
>
>Ok, I'll do that. The general concensus is not to link but stay independent.
>I'll tell him that we as a group do not mind if he wants to post our FAQ as
>a guideline for others.....
>Sound right?

Poifect!

Tony