todays MFFY....

Old June 21st 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default todays MFFY....

So I am driving along in the left lane passing traffic to my right (major
arterial, 2 lanes each direction) when someone pulls out of the right
lane and starts following me. Not too close, but closer than I would
like, oh well... can see he wants to go faster. Tough ****, I'm passing
with a good margin and the cop hiding places are up ahead. The right lane
opens a bit and there's the tail of a large queue to get on the
expressway blocking the right lane ahead. I ease up as nearby are the
most common cop hiding spots and the guy following me decides to go to
the right lane.... I'm thinking this dufus is going punch it and I'll
get the ticket... (speed radar doesn't say which vehicle is going the
speed, the cop decides, and he's going to pick my car, not the
plain japanese make 4 door sedan) but... he doesn't accelerate to pass
me... just sort of stays even with me... tail of the queue coming up....

I am accelerating back to speed as I am past the revenuing zone (a whole
5mph, that I had eased off earlier) so dufus decides to accelerate, cut me
off on his way back to the left lane. I sound horn for collision and
brake and contact is missed by about 3 feet. So now I am behind the
dufus... as we near the head of the queue his signal comes on and he
brakes.... there is no one ahead of him in the left lane... he wants to
get into the right lane, queue jumping.

I lay on the horn... and he puts a hand out the window gesturing to the
effect he doesn't get what my problem is.... He finds an enabler and
forces himself into the queue.

Arg. yeah, I know, average morning... but usually both don't occur from
the same driver.

Todays New York Times [email protected] 4x4 1 March 17th 07 01:50 AM
Todays theme: Ghost flames, 2 of 4 Duncan Craig Auto Photos 0 January 18th 07 10:17 PM
todays geocities spamdump DougW Jeep 1 July 26th 06 11:05 PM
todays tales from saddle... Brent P Driving 5 April 23rd 06 09:34 PM
Todays DAF Scott en Chicago Driving 6 October 30th 05 12:47 PM