Prediction: Rose Bowl Attendance Will Be Down 90%

Old January 3rd 06, 04:56 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

Default Prediction: Rose Bowl Attendance Will Be Down 90%

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> KTLA reports that the golf course where attendees of the Rose Bowl
> game normally park is so waterlogged from yesterday's rains that
> people won't be able to park there for the big game tomorrow. If you
> want to attend the game, you'll have to (*gasp!*) take public
> transportation or (*double gasp!!*) WALK.
>
> My prediction is that many SoCal natives will simply stay home and
> watch it on TV.

Did they change the date? I thought the Rose Bowl game and parade were
a new years day tradition.

Old January 3rd 06, 07:21 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

John S., > was motivated to say this in rec.autos.driving
on 3 Jan 2006 08:56:57 -0800:
> Did they change the date? I thought the Rose Bowl game and parade were
> a new years day tradition.

Many bowl games were new years day traditions/events. The all mighty tv
networks and their money have changed that.
Old January 3rd 06, 07:58 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:

> John S., > was motivated to say this in rec.autos.driving
> on 3 Jan 2006 08:56:57 -0800:
>> Did they change the date? I thought the Rose Bowl game and parade were
>> a new years day tradition.

> Many bowl games were new years day traditions/events. The all mighty tv
> networks and their money have changed that.

This one is apparently a higher-level game, which somehow makes it different.
Core dump complete.

They're charging $7 to look at the floats this year. You can look at
some/most of them from 50 feet or so for free.

--
Cheers, Bev
################################################## #################
Old January 3rd 06, 08:24 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

John S. wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > KTLA reports that the golf course where attendees of the Rose Bowl
> > game normally park is so waterlogged from yesterday's rains that
> > people won't be able to park there for the big game tomorrow. If you
> > want to attend the game, you'll have to (*gasp!*) take public
> > transportation or (*double gasp!!*) WALK.
> >
> > My prediction is that many SoCal natives will simply stay home and
> > watch it on TV.

> Did they change the date? I thought the Rose Bowl game and parade were
> a new years day tradition.

Not any more. Wednesday is the Rose Bowl, which is the championship
game.... Well, as far as two teams without any playoffs can be
considered a "champsionship".

Old January 3rd 06, 10:06 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

Larry Bud wrote:
> John S. wrote:
> > Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > > KTLA reports that the golf course where attendees of the Rose Bowl
> > > game normally park is so waterlogged from yesterday's rains that
> > > people won't be able to park there for the big game tomorrow. If you
> > > want to attend the game, you'll have to (*gasp!*) take public
> > > transportation or (*double gasp!!*) WALK.
> > >
> > > My prediction is that many SoCal natives will simply stay home and
> > > watch it on TV.

> > Did they change the date? I thought the Rose Bowl game and parade were
> > a new years day tradition.

> Not any more. Wednesday is the Rose Bowl, which is the championship
> game.... Well, as far as two teams without any playoffs can be
> considered a "champsionship".

And another tradition has fallen. So instead of the Rose Parade and
Rose Bowl on New Years day we have a parade on the day after New years
and the ball game 3 days after.

I'm gonna guess money had a lot to do with moving the game. Any guess
why the parade is on monday?

Old January 3rd 06, 11:28 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

Larry Bud > writes:

> Wednesday is the Rose Bowl, which is the championship
> game.... Well, as far as two teams without any playoffs
> can be considered a "championship".

While we're on the subject, what's the difference between the
S(t)upor (as in, "drink oneself into a ~") Bowl and the Pro Bowl?
I thought the Super Bowl *was* the pro bowl.

Geoff

--
"You know, 'elitist' has an actual meaning. Using it as a generic
pejorative only betrays your political leanings _and_ makes you

Old January 4th 06, 02:13 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

Geoff Miller, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 3 Jan 2006 15:28:38 -0800:

> While we're on the subject, what's the difference between the
> S(t)upor (as in, "drink oneself into a ~") Bowl and the Pro Bowl?
> I thought the Super Bowl *was* the pro bowl.

The Pro Bowl (the one played in Hawaii) is the NFL's version of an all-
star game. Selected players from all teams form two teams representing
their conferences play in the Pro Bowl.
Old January 4th 06, 06:28 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

John S. wrote:

> Larry Bud wrote:
>> John S. wrote:
>> > Did they change the date? I thought the Rose Bowl game and parade were
>> > a new years day tradition.

>> Not any more. Wednesday is the Rose Bowl, which is the championship
>> game.... Well, as far as two teams without any playoffs can be
>> considered a "champsionship".

> And another tradition has fallen. So instead of the Rose Parade and
> Rose Bowl on New Years day we have a parade on the day after New years
> and the ball game 3 days after.
>
> I'm gonna guess money had a lot to do with moving the game. Any guess
> why the parade is on monday?

The Monday rain is proof that god got tired of the 'Never on Sunday' thing and
wants to renegotiate.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx