Artificially high speedo reading on new Audis??

Old September 18th 05, 07:53 PM
BBO

Oldun wrote:
> OK, you've had your fun, now can any of you find me a maker who guarantees
> their cars speedometers are 100% accurate all of the time?

It's not a car, but my Ducati have a 100% accurate speedo. Tested and
veryfied with a GPS.

Cheers,

Wenn im Zweifel, Volleistung! DoD#2101
'90 BMW 318i '93 Audi 100 2.3E When in doubt, floor it!
Old September 18th 05, 10:35 PM
Pete Stolz

OK Oldun, maybe we're just a little too defensive here. I was just asking
you a fricking question. The first thing I wrote in that message was "That
makes sense...." Geez, relax.

Old September 19th 05, 12:58 AM
Oldun

All is forgiven, I did not intend to offend anyone just trying to make a
point.

Oldun

Old September 19th 05, 01:11 AM
Pete Stolz

At the risk of myself now being accused of being too defensive, I didn't do
anything that needed to be forgiven. I wasn't messing with you; it was a
serious question about whether the speed board are purposely calibrated to
be inaccurate.

Old September 19th 05, 10:18 AM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Anthony R. Gold" > wrote:

> does anyone know whether the DVD drive in the Audi Nav+ RNS-E is
> intended to be able to play DVD movies, or is it only a DVD ROM drive
> for navigation map files and MP3s?

The drive built in to the RNS-E will play normal Audio CDs, data CDs
containing MP3s and will read the navigation DVDs. For anything else
you will need a separate drive.

Old September 19th 05, 01:51 PM
Dano58

I don't think those speed board's are particularly accurate. I was once
clocked at 20 mph by one near my parents house - and I was walking! I
mean, I'm a fast walker but not THAT fast.....

My $.02 on this issue is that since the regulations generally state
that a speedo cannot read LOW, the manufacturers tend to calibrate them
to read higher so they don't read low.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old September 20th 05, 11:27 PM
Ronny

"Anthony R. Gold" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:06:19 GMT, Steve Thompson > wrote:
>
>> I tested the speedo by driving at
>> exactly 60mph between two mile markers and timing the run using a
>> stop-watch; time was within a tenth of 60 seconds. I repeated the test at
>> 70mph and 80 mph. That also gave an accurate result.

> My allroad's speedo reads 75mph at 70 and 32 at 30 (as calibrated by GPS).
>
> Tony

My 1.8T quattro reads 75mph at 70mph as well

Those new signs in the UK that say slow down are set below 30mph but I think
they are more of a "speed Aware" device than speed cameras are, I would
prefer to see more of them on the road, people actually make a conscious
effort to slow down then.

Old September 23rd 05, 12:54 AM
Hairy One Kenobi

"Anthony R. Gold" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:06:19 GMT, Steve Thompson > wrote:
>
> > I tested the speedo by driving at
> > exactly 60mph between two mile markers and timing the run using a
> > stop-watch; time was within a tenth of 60 seconds. I repeated the test

at
> > 70mph and 80 mph. That also gave an accurate result.

> My allroad's speedo reads 75mph at 70 and 32 at 30 (as calibrated by GPS).

My TT reads accurately, but starts to drift over about 115mph. At 155mph
indicated, the GPS (accuracy of 1mph) read just over 147mph.

Pretty much on the money.

A stopwatch gives the same results (but at a lower speed - in the UK 100mph
= bye bye license)

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

Old September 23rd 05, 09:12 AM
Rusty NAilz

Gad-Zoots!! watch a movie whist motoring an Audi. Sounds like an American
feat.

news

Old September 23rd 05, 09:14 AM
Rusty NAilz

I never look down when flying a Ducati

"BBO" > wrote in message
> Oldun wrote:
> > OK, you've had your fun, now can any of you find me a maker who

guarantees
> > their cars speedometers are 100% accurate all of the time?

> It's not a car, but my Ducati have a 100% accurate speedo. Tested and
> veryfied with a GPS.
>
> Cheers,

> Wenn im Zweifel, Volleistung! DoD#2101
> '90 BMW 318i '93 Audi 100 2.3E When in doubt, floor it!

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
High Oil Pressure Reading - Sending Unit? Tirya Jeep 10 December 27th 04 04:29 PM
Integra Emissions Failure Dkakd Honda 13 November 8th 04 09:14 AM