Honda Civic Alternator Light

Old February 14th 05, 10:28 PM
ssampage

Default Honda Civic Alternator Light

Hey there. I have a 95 Civic with a relatively new battery. Yesterday
I gave my friend a jump start...did everything by the book, etc. A few
hours later while driving, my alternator light started coming on. It
flickered for a while, then stayed on, then stayed off, then came back
on again. I've started the car several times over the past two days
and it's cranked right up every time. I haven't noticed any dimming of
lights or anything else that would indicate electrical drain either.
So did I screw something up or is the light just a coincidence?

Old February 14th 05, 11:21 PM
Remco

It could also be that, while you jump started the other car, you
jiggled your power connections to the battery where they may be
intermittent now -- clean them with a battery post cleaning tool (cheap
at any autoparts store) and tighten them well.

Perhaps check to make sure that the voltage across the battery is 14V
or more with the car running.

Old February 18th 05, 05:05 AM
speedy

....but you can get the brushes for about $2 from an auto electric supply!

-SP