1993 Dodge Caravan-Power Window

Old December 13th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
msaylors

Default 1993 Dodge Caravan-Power Window

I have a 1993 dodge caravan that the driver side power window quit in
the down postion,what I was wondering was is their anyway to manually
raise the window. Also how do the cables release from the motor. Thank
you.

Old December 13th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Dec 13, 5:27 am, "msaylors" > wrote:
> I have a 1993 dodge caravan that the driver side power window quit in
> the down postion,what I was wondering was is their anyway to manually
> raise the window. Also how do the cables release from the motor. Thank
> you.

I would suggest obtaining a Factory Service Manual, or taking it to a
shop that
can do such repairs. Serious hand injury can occur if the tension is
not released
correctly, when trying to manually raise the glass.

-KM

Old December 15th 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Opus-

On 13 Dec 2006 08:58:10 -0800, "
> spake thusly:

>On Dec 13, 5:27 am, "msaylors" > wrote:
>> I have a 1993 dodge caravan that the driver side power window quit in
>> the down postion,what I was wondering was is their anyway to manually
>> raise the window. Also how do the cables release from the motor. Thank
>> you.

>I would suggest obtaining a Factory Service Manual, or taking it to a
>shop that
>can do such repairs. Serious hand injury can occur if the tension is
>not released
>correctly, when trying to manually raise the glass.

What tension? I replaced my power window regulator on my 93 Caravan
just this past summer. It was an absolute piece of cake. The
regulator/motor/cable assembly appears to be unserviceable but it is
very easy to replace. What happened to mine was a plastic guide acts
like a pulley and the cable eventually cut it. The cable went slack
and the window dropped. I am told that this is quite common on older
Caravans like mine and the original poster's. This may be the original
poster's problem.

In my case, I went to my favorite pick & pull boneyard and pulled a
good out out of one of the vans there. This gave me a great
opportunity to see how it all went together before I tackled mine.
That's one great thing about self-serve auto wreckers, the opportunity
to explore and learn.

Once I had the replacement part in my hand, the whole replacement
process took about half an hour. Not bad, considering that I had never
done one before. It was surprisingly easy.

YMMV
--

(Jim, single dad to Lesleigh [Autistic] 04/20/94)

"What, Me Worry?" A. E. Newman

Please note: All unsolicited e-mail sent to me may, at
my discretion, be posted in this newsgroup verbatim.