Pooh Bear, is this true?

Old February 9th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Pooh Bear, is this true?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...025181,00.html

So the UK government criminalizes those who "insult" Muslims?!

Then someone like Anne Coulter (read her insults against Islam he
http://tinyurl.com/8b299) would rot in jail there.

Are you Brits mad?
Old February 9th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

223rem wrote:

> Then someone like Anne Coulter (read her insults against Islam he
> http://tinyurl.com/8b299) would rot in jail there.

Someone ought to nail an American flag to her butt, and mail her to
Iran

Old February 9th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

223rem wrote:

> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...025181,00.html
>
> So the UK government criminalizes those who "insult" Muslims?!

Not 'insult' - it has to be about incitement to racial hatred - and not
specifically Muslims by any means. Any racial group at all.

We have a law to prevent racial hate crime. My understanding is that
Nick Griffin ( referred to in the above article ) was 'treading a thin
line' with his speeches. There's much more to this than simple banner
headlines I can assure you.

You may be interested to see that the vile Abu Hamsa was just the other
day found guilty under the provisions of the same law. I doubt it was
actually ever expected when it was draughted that it might be used to
imprison a person of colour. Good to know the law is blind in matters of
colour and a Moslem can be imprisoned for inciting hatred against
Europeans. He was in fact prosecuted under several laws - details can be
found here. When he has served his sentence he may also be made
available for extradition to the USA

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/...704625,00.html

Similarly, the equally vile Omar Bakri has been excluded from the UK. He
fled to the Lebanon before the announcement of the decision to ban him.

> Then someone like Anne Coulter (read her insults against Islam he
> http://tinyurl.com/8b299) would rot in jail there.

No.

That's ordinary valid political comment aka free speech. I see nothing
there inciting hatred.

> Are you Brits mad?

You appear to have misunderstood the scope of the law. In the context of
recent matters though, the definition of 'likely to incite racial
hatred' might bear close re-examination.

Graham

Old February 10th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 9 Feb 2006 13:43:28 -0800, "Arif Khokar"
> wrote:

>223rem wrote:
>
>> Then someone like Anne Coulter (read her insults against Islam he
>> http://tinyurl.com/8b299) would rot in jail there.

>Someone ought to nail an American flag to her butt, and mail her to
>Iran

You have a problem with her honesty about your perverted religion, or
is it that only ****tard muslim whores are allowed to call allah a
****?

*************************
Dave
Old February 10th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> imprison a person of colour. Good to know the law is blind in matters of
> colour and a Moslem can be imprisoned for inciting hatred against
> Europeans.

Yeah right. I saw images of Muslims cartoon 'protesters' carrying signs
brazenly making terrorist threats. All that in fromt of the police.
Allowing that to take place after the subway bombing is derelction
of duty by the government. BTW, where are the football hooligans when
you need them? I'd have loved to see some street justice administred there.
Old February 10th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Pooh Bear wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
>

>>http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...025181,00.html
>>
>>So the UK government criminalizes those who "insult" Muslims?!

> Not 'insult' - it has to be about incitement to racial hatred - and not
> specifically Muslims by any means. Any racial group at all.

There's no Muslim race.
Old February 10th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

223rem wrote:

> > imprison a person of colour. Good to know the law is blind in matters of
> > colour and a Moslem can be imprisoned for inciting hatred against
> > Europeans.

> Yeah right. I saw images of Muslims cartoon 'protesters' carrying signs
> brazenly making terrorist threats. All that in fromt of the police.

That's been a topic of quite considerable discussion I can tell you. I made my
own complaint personally to Scotland Yard about the lack of action.

On balance I expect that the Met Police didn't want to fan the flames. They've
made it pretty clear that anyone trying it on again can expect to be arrested.

I'd also suggest you consider that it shows rather postively how the West
allows displays of opinion ( as opposed to how Islam would deal with it ). In
the long run, an 'own goal' for the extremist Moslems I reckon.

You might also be interested to know on a certain poltical talk show tonight a
young Moslem girl made a short feature about exactly this matter and was
herself also arguing that those who have 'hijacked her religion' should have
been arrested.

The Police video'd the events btw. There's rumours of impending arrests.

> Allowing that to take place after the subway bombing is derelction
> of duty by the government. BTW, where are the football hooligans when
> you need them? I'd have loved to see some street justice administred there.

A street tussle would have been to no-ones' credit. The idiot footie 'fans' are
nothing to be proud of.

Graham

Old February 10th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

223rem wrote:

> Pooh Bear wrote:
> > 223rem wrote:
> >

> >>http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...025181,00.html
> >>
> >>So the UK government criminalizes those who "insult" Muslims?!

> > Not 'insult' - it has to be about incitement to racial hatred - and not
> > specifically Muslims by any means. Any racial group at all.

> There's no Muslim race.

Neither is there a Jewish one but the conventions in these matters are well
understood. Substitute 'geo-ethnic/religio grouping' perhaps ? Funnily
enough, regarding Jews and Moslems, an earlier poltical show I saw had Prince
Hassan of Jordan commenting on their 'common descent' in the context of
debate about these recent matters. A pleasant voice of reason from the
Islamic world.

Graham

Old February 10th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> On balance I expect that the Met Police didn't want to fan the flames.

That's cowardice. Those were not idle threats, as the recent past shows.

> I'd also suggest you consider that it shows rather postively how the West
> allows displays of opinion ( as opposed to how Islam would deal with it ).

False. Islamists see for what it really is: weakness, cowardice
(as you put it, police didnt want to "fan the flames").

Had white Brit skinheads made similar threats, do you have
any doubt that they'd been arrested?

> A street tussle would have been to no-ones' credit. The idiot footie 'fans' are
> nothing to be proud of.

If the police is too scared to carry out their duty, then the citizens have to
take the law into their own hands.
Old February 10th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Pooh Bear wrote:

> Hassan of Jordan commenting on their 'common descent' in the context of
> debate about these recent matters. A pleasant voice of reason from the
> Islamic world.

He's not representative.
If they had free elections in Jordan or Egypt the Moslem Brotherhood
(an Islamist-extremist-terrorist party) would win decisively.