1991 accord distributor

Old August 21st 05, 05:09 AM
jwalk7331

Default 1991 accord distributor

A friend asked me to look at his sons car, after spending $800 and the car
still doesnt run. I have not looked at it yet, and don't have much
experience on hondas. I know from this site there is a huge problem with
ignighters,coils and also rotors. The first garage replaced the ignighter
and coil three times each time the car would run two or three days then
quit running any ideas?

Old August 21st 05, 05:27 AM
jim beam

jwalk7331 wrote:
> A friend asked me to look at his sons car, after spending $800 and the car
> still doesnt run. I have not looked at it yet, and don't have much
> experience on hondas. I know from this site there is a huge problem with
> ignighters,coils and also rotors. The first garage replaced the ignighter
> and coil three times each time the car would run two or three days then
> quit running any ideas?

ok, the correct method is to systematically work through the ignition &
injection system, eliminating the parts that work ok. get the helm
manual if you want to do it properly.

in this case however, check the next biggest problem item, the main
relay. google this group for solution.

it could also be something ultra-trivial like spark plugs. i got a free
civic earlier this year because the owner had given up on ever getting
the vehicle started after spending a considerable fortune at the local
garage. all it needed was a new set of plugs - the originals were
completely burnt out. how the garage had the nerve to charge for the
expensive repairs and not take care of the simple stuff would be another
story i guess.

Old August 21st 05, 06:22 AM
'Curly Q. Links'

--

--------------------------

Failing to put the heat-sink paste on the device might cause it to fry
again soon.

'Curly'
Old August 21st 05, 01:55 PM
B Squareman

"jwalk7331" <jwalk7331@no spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> A friend asked me to look at his sons car, after spending $800 and the car
> still doesnt run. I have not looked at it yet, and don't have much
> experience on hondas. I know from this site there is a huge problem with
> ignighters,coils and also rotors. The first garage replaced the ignighter
> and coil three times each time the car would run two or three days then
> quit running any ideas?

Make sure all the parts are installed properly and operational before
driving away.

At times, the bearing are badly dried that the heat can do damage. Feel
the distributor every 10 miles.