Where to get Corvette parts

Old October 12th 08, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

Default Where to get Corvette parts

Been here since 1996. 4 corvettes later I have the one I truly love.
00 convertible.

Anyway, if GM goes out of business. where are we going to get parts???

Unbelievable thought huh
Old October 13th 08, 08:13 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

rebco10 wrote:
> Been here since 1996. 4 corvettes later I have the one I truly love.
> 00 convertible.
>
> Anyway, if GM goes out of business. where are we going to get parts???
>
> Unbelievable thought huh

No sweat! -- American Yankees can do it. :-)

Should Corvette be sold as a unit, it can make a
buck by licensing & certifying drawings and
parts specs.

Any well positioned buyer might also snag onto
GM's internal logistics data at a good price.

Secondary market entrepreneurs will buy up
bankrupt dealer and warehouse inventories for a
dime on the dollar, no doubt including plenty of
bogus Chinese copies. Ecklers, Rik's etc. have
the skills to do some of this and are well
positioned to farm out future production. Parts
for VW Beetles worked like this for over 20 years.

As with current C2/C3/C4 radios & electronics
repair, there's plenty of room for Mom & Pop
ventures. -- particularly in items like ECM &
BCM repair.

--
pj

1953-09 Corvette Parts Ecklers Corvette 0 October 1st 08 08:54 PM
Cheap Corvette Parts Jim Minter Corvette 0 November 29th 06 02:08 AM
Corvette Parts, Cheap! excap Corvette 0 August 19th 05 07:26 PM
oem corvette parts drawing Edgar Vaughn Corvette 2 February 21st 05 10:15 AM
68-82 CORVETTE BODY PARTS Danny T Antique cars 0 August 14th 03 06:38 PM