I love my new 2008 Accord EX-L!

Old November 27th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default I love my new 2008 Accord EX-L!

Hi,

I went to yahoo auto and was reading some posts about people intersted in
the accord and was surprised to find so many with negative things to say
about the new 2008 accord. I saw some saying that the styling was old and
not attractive (even though it looks like a new BMW 535i, Cadillac CTS and
Acura RL combined), then I saw a woman who said that she heard accord had
been known for transmission problems...news to me. This is my 3rd accord and
havent had any transmission problems yet. She said in the post that she went
and bought a 2008 Malibu instead...well actually that car has more
transmission problems than accord among other things. Then I saw someone who
said they were unhappy about the way the car drives...mine drives great. And
all for a reasonable price.

Well guess what, they're all wrong.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that in case anyone is interested in a 2008
Accord EX-L, to go for it. Its an excellent car, comfort, driving and
styling. I have the leather seats and they are very comfortable and
supportive.

Al

Old November 29th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

>> then I saw a woman who said that she heard accord had
>> been known for transmission problems...news to me. This is my 3rd accord
>> and
>> havent had any transmission problems yet.

> If you didn't have a V6/auto trans model built between 1998 and 2004,
> then you wouldn't have been in the middle of the transmission fiasco.

I actually did have a 1999 Honda Accord EX-V6 Auto, and there were no
transmission problems in the 45k miles that I put on it AND I drove the car
pretty hard at that. The only thing that went was the Brake shift switch
which had to be replaced two times which was under warranty. It was a minor
inconvienience because I had to use the shift unlock in the slot by the
shifter to get it out of park, but that wasn't really anything.

My 2008 Accord EX-L Auto has an interesting kind of transmission. Its almost
like a standard in alot of ways. It downshifts faster than most automatics.
When you are in the city and take your foot off the gas you can feel it slow
down more like a manual. I kind of like it, because it seems to give better
braking and control.

Al

Old November 29th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

Consumer Reports has a quick review this month of the new Accord and liked
it. A more thorough review will be coming up.

There is hope for the Malibu. GM does seem to be making progress.

Old November 30th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dano58

On Nov 27, 6:11 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
> I saw some saying that the styling was old and not attractive (even though it looks like a new BMW 535i, Cadillac CTS and
> Acura RL combined)

This is a positive??

Glad you like the car!

Dan D
'07 Ody EX
Central NJ USA
Old November 30th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"alfred" > wrote in message

>>> then I saw a woman who said that she heard accord had
>>> been known for transmission problems...news to me. This is my 3rd accord
>>> and
>>> havent had any transmission problems yet.

>> If you didn't have a V6/auto trans model built between 1998 and 2004,
>> then you wouldn't have been in the middle of the transmission fiasco.
>>

> I actually did have a 1999 Honda Accord EX-V6 Auto, and there were no
> transmission problems in the 45k miles that I put on it AND I drove the
> car pretty hard at that. The only thing that went was the Brake shift
> switch which had to be replaced two times which was under warranty. It was
> a minor inconvienience because I had to use the shift unlock in the slot
> by the shifter to get it out of park, but that wasn't really anything.

My '01 with 195,000 miles tranny is still going strong.

Old December 1st 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

>> I saw some saying that the styling was old and not attractive (even
>> though it looks like a new BMW 535i, Cadillac CTS and
>> Acura RL combined)

> This is a positive??
>
> Glad you like the car!

Well, yes. The front of the car seems to have a CTS and RL look, the side
and interior are close to the BMW 535i and the back looks a little like the
BMW with a hint of Jaguar XJS. I don't know too much about the CTS (although
they are popular), but the RL and 535i are great cars.

Still similar looks or not I like the car alot. The car is very quiet in
city traffic if you are driving slow and listening to some classical piano
on the xm radio, but still have a throaty sporty sound if you open up the
throttle and the revs are up to 4500 rpms or so. All of a sudden it starts
to sound a little like a Lamborghini and you say to yourself, is this my car
doing that? I like it though.

Old December 6th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> I agree...when mine first hit that area ( I took it easy the first 600
> miles
> like the manual said ), I was like WOAH!
>
> Thing roared like a little F1 engine..what a great tone....had some good
> throat to it, for sure. Car moved on out, too.

Yes, I did 200 mi with easy braking and the remaining 400 to make a total of
600 mi with low revs (none over 4000 rpms) and no fast starts, long drives
or towing etc. Just as the manual said.

I was showing my friend the performance and he was impressed. We were
driving south on I-95 middle lane and going about 60 mph with the tach at
about 2000 rpms. Then I said "watch this" and pressed the gas firmly. The
tach jumped to 5000 rpms with a throaty roar and all of a sudden all the
traffic was going past me in a rear direction. I looked down and before I
knew I was going 80 mph! The good news is there were no cops around! I have
to say the car had excelent stability and confidence. When your driving into
Providence the highway is hilly and curvy and the lanes are narrow and this
car give you incredible comfort and confidence when driving.

Al

Old December 7th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Dec 5, 8:16 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
snip
> When your driving into
> Providence the highway is hilly and curvy and the lanes are narrow and this
> car give you incredible comfort and confidence when driving.
>
> Al

Al,

If you think the car is good now wait 'till you replace the OEM tires
with something better...
www.tirerack.com

Old December 8th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> If you think the car is good now wait 'till you replace the OEM tires
> with something better...
> www.tirerack.com

I'll keep that in mind, but hopefully I won't have to if I don't wear out
the tires in 3 years. What would be considered better for that car? Mine are
225/50VR/17 all seasons Michellin MX4.

I just had a chance to drive the 2008 Accord in a slight amount of snow
today. We got about 1/2" and the side roads were slick and coated. The car
didnt spin the wheels or slide on turns or with braking so thats a good sign
so far. If I was driving my 99, or 05 accord it would have been a different
story so I am thinking that the traction control kicked in since the VSA
didnt light up on the dash board.

Al

Old December 10th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Dec 8, 12:16 am, "Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation>
wrote:

> > If you think the car is good now wait 'till you replace the OEM tires
> > with something better...
> >www.tirerack.com

> Those specific tires he has on the '08 Accord are nice

define nice

> and all season. What
> would you recommend?
>
> He's got Michelin Pilot HX MXM4, VR rated.

These tires are #16 out of 17 Grand Touring All Season;
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=GTAS
ANYTHING ELSE would be a better choice (other than #17 of course).

A step up to high performance or ultra high performance all season
wouldn't be a bad idea.
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires seem a good choice for
a sporty ride without having to deal with a different set of tires for
light snow. But there are LOTS of choices better than the OEM junk.
And you don't need to waste your money on "V" rated (149 mph) tires.
"H" (130 mph) is plenty for an Accord.

> And to change all 4 tires is $600 minimum.

Don't you pay that much in insurance premiums? Don't you think a set
of decent tires is worth as much? How much will it cost to fix the
suspension when you slide into a curb?

2008 Accord alfred[_3_] Honda 53 December 10th 07 03:41 PM
2008 Accord EX-L Sedan alfred[_3_] Honda 12 December 4th 07 08:11 PM
Love my 2000 Accord, don't love the rust Pete from Boston Honda 3 September 11th 07 04:42 AM
Any more ideas about the 2008 Accord? alfred Honda 24 September 5th 07 03:15 AM
I'am single and want a true love for life, hope to meet someone serious about love [email protected] Technology 2 June 8th 06 10:42 PM