Dodge Caravan window

Old June 11th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
dodger

Default Dodge Caravan window

I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan SE with a driver's side power window
problem. I need a motor apparently.......is replacing one a difficult
job??
Anywhere one might be able to get a step by step summary of how to do
the job?????
Darn window has been driving me nuts of late.
Thanks for any help
Dodger

Old June 11th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"dodger" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan SE with a driver's side power window
> problem. I need a motor apparently.......is replacing one a difficult
> job??
> Anywhere one might be able to get a step by step summary of how to do
> the job?????
> Darn window has been driving me nuts of late.
> Thanks for any help
> Dodger

replace the complete updated regulator assembly motor and all, very easy to
do if you are mechanically inclined

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 18th 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
BobjustBob

"maxpower" > wrote in
:

> "dodger" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan SE with a driver's side power window
>> problem. I need a motor apparently.......is replacing one a difficult
>> job??
>> Anywhere one might be able to get a step by step summary of how to do
>> the job?????
>> Darn window has been driving me nuts of late.
>> Thanks for any help
>> Dodger
>>

> replace the complete updated regulator assembly motor and all, very
> easy to do if you are mechanically inclined
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Or you could do what I did... remove the door panel (be real careful with
the 'clips') and the vapor barrier, then give the motor a few light taps
with the handle of a screwdriver. For me, this lasts about a year before
it quits working again - but I figure I've saved $200 for two new window
motor assemblies!

Bob
Old July 18th 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
BobjustBob

dodger > wrote in news:1181597929.610898.14170
@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan SE with a driver's side power window
> problem. I need a motor apparently.......is replacing one a difficult
> job??
> Anywhere one might be able to get a step by step summary of how to do
> the job?????
> Darn window has been driving me nuts of late.
> Thanks for any help
> Dodger

It's not too difficult if your mechanically inclined. It will be easier
if you buy the Chilton manual for this van. It's full of great info.

Bob
Old August 18th 07, 02:40 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
ldenn2

Just bought a new window motor assem. comp;ete with cables at NAPA Cost
$90.00
. 33.102...

Old August 26th 07, 06:10 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Mike S[_2_]

I recently picked up a 2003 Caravan. When I first test drove it, the
driver's window would not roll down. At close listening, I could tell
the motor WAS working. We tapped the window a few times and suddenly
it started working, and has worked fine ever since. We figure the
window had gotten stuck shut at the window seals due to moisture.

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:40:14 -0500, "ldenn2" >
wrote:

>Just bought a new window motor assem. comp;ete with cables at NAPA Cost
>$90.00
>"BobjustBob" > wrote in message
.33.102...
>> "maxpower" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> "dodger" > wrote in message
>>> ps.com...
>>>>
>>> replace the complete updated regulator assembly motor and all, very
>>> easy to do if you are mechanically inclined
>>>
>>> Glenn Beasley
>>> Chrysler Tech
>>>

>> Or you could do what I did... remove the door panel (be real careful with
>> the 'clips') and the vapor barrier, then give the motor a few light taps
>> with the handle of a screwdriver. For me, this lasts about a year before
>> it quits working again - but I figure I've saved $200 for two new window
>> motor assemblies!
>>
>> Bob

Thanks.

Mike

(To reply by e-mail, replace all "x" with the first letter of my first name)