FREE 1986 Nissan 4x4 in Oregon (blown engine)

Old March 27th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default FREE 1986 Nissan 4x4 in Oregon (blown engine)

I need to make this go away. I bought the truck in '89 out of college with
45K miles, and the engine went (hard) at 177K miles. Everything was working
when it died about 6 months ago... new clutch, front tires are good, the
differentials and tranny etc were all fine. It has a camper shell. This is
the ST version of the 720 series truck, with power windows and A/C and
throttle body injection. The engine is the Z-24 inline 4.

The head gasket blew when my wife was driving it and she kept on driving it
until it was toast... it was still running, barely, when it made it home but
there was steam comin' from places that steam should not aught to come from.
I'm pretty sure the block is cracked but I suppose it could be a new head
away from being OK. But I'd assume this engine is shot. It won't turn
over, must be full of water, right?

It's been sitting on my land for 6 months now. The interior is moldy. It
needs a serious bath. That, and an engine and it'll be a good beater truck
again. If anyone wants to take this on, let me know ASAP before I give it
to the wrecking yard (or whoever else will haul it away for free!!).

-jeff
(541) 285-5492