pontiac g8

Old February 15th 09, 07:02 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

Default pontiac g8

Hey wifes cadillac srx truck is up. Thinking about the g8 would look
nice next to the 00 vette. Would be nice to have a car that fast with
a back seat and every day driving. Anyone have real experience with
the car. How about winter driving>
Thanks
Old February 16th 09, 01:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

On Feb 15, 10:03*am, Zombywoof > wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:02:51 -0800 (PST), rebco10 >
> wrote:
>
> >Hey wifes cadillac srx truck is up. *Thinking about the g8 would look
> >nice next to the 00 vette. *Would be nice to have a car that fast with
> >a back seat and every day driving. *Anyone have real experience with
> >the car. * How about winter driving>
> >Thanks

> How did you find the long-term reliability of the SRX. *My 2007 fully
> loaded version absolutely sucks. *I tried to get GM to voluntarily buy
> it back, but they had a whole sack full of excuses as to why they
> wouldn't/couldn't.
>
> I've actually been considering letting GMAC reposes it as I still have
> three years of $750 a month payments to go. *Car rides absolutely
> wonderful, but just constantly breaks or has one issue after another.
> Maybe just to many options.
> --
> "Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
> Moderation is for monks."

Well honestly she LOVES the car. But reliability / quality I am sorry
to say.. not the greatest.
Not terrible either. passenger door tightened twice. engine is doing
some kind of grumbling, somethimes the steering wheel locks and other
small issues. Nothing like a big engine problem or no AC or
differentials, beraings etc. all that is ok. Btw, she has a loaded 6
cyl 30 month lease and the payment is 517.00. I pud down like $1000
gm points and they gave us another $1500 rebate for having another GM
car.
Old February 20th 09, 03:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ACAR[_2_]

On Feb 15, 2:02*am, rebco10 > wrote:
> Hey wifes cadillac srx truck is up. *Thinking about the g8 would look
> nice next to the 00 vette. *Would be nice to have a car that fast with
> a back seat and every day driving. *Anyone have real experience with
> the car. * How about winter driving>
> Thanks

Pontiac is NOT one of the GM divisions that will survive Chapter 11
reorganization (or a Govt backed reorganization). Buy an Infiniti G or
M awd.
Keep the Vette of course.
Old February 21st 09, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Too bad your CAD is such a POS. GM mangement really should be fired for
foisting this total crap on us. My Vette club is full of 2008's and 2009's.
I still have only my '64. Last real Corvette was sold in '71.

Later model Corvettes seem to have the rental car interior. Even with the
ZR-1, it seems like GM has been holding things back.

Good luck with your CAD. When are loyal GM buyers gonna realize that GM
management is totally screwing you with its cars. GM Mangement has to be
laughing their heads off.

Vito

Old February 21st 09, 12:48 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

rebco10 wrote:
> Hey wifes cadillac srx truck is up. Thinking about the g8 would look
> nice next to the 00 vette. Would be nice to have a car that fast with
> a back seat and every day driving. Anyone have real experience with
> the car. How about winter driving>
> Thanks

OK ride but Wagoner's announcement earlier this
week put a ugly blot on the marque.

As with Oldsmobile, many unsold Pontiacs could
go to GSA or other fleet/rental operations.

GSA would be a logical target since that could
augment the 'bailout' and perhaps kill two birds
with one stone.
--
pj