Honda CRV 2002

Old July 16th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
J.V. via CarKB.com

Default Honda CRV 2002

Help! I have a 2002 Honda CRV that is having problems. According to the
dealer , my Honda blew a head gasket. I had it repaired. Three days later
the oil was leaking on my driveway. I brought it back to the dealer and
then said it was the the oil pressure switch. I had that repaired. Two
days later the car is still leaking oil. The mileage is 73,000 miles on the
car. I am going to bring the car back to the dealer tomorrow. Before the
head gasket was replaced, there was no oil leakage. Does anyone have an
insight on this problem?

J.V.

Old July 16th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_1_]

J.V. via CarKB.com wrote:
> Help! I have a 2002 Honda CRV that is having problems. According to the
> dealer , my Honda blew a head gasket. I had it repaired. Three days later
> the oil was leaking on my driveway. I brought it back to the dealer and
> then said it was the the oil pressure switch. I had that repaired. Two
> days later the car is still leaking oil. The mileage is 73,000 miles on the
> car. I am going to bring the car back to the dealer tomorrow. Before the
> head gasket was replaced, there was no oil leakage. Does anyone have an
> insight on this problem?
>

> J.V.

does the hood release work? if so, you need to operate it and look at
the engine to see where it's coming from. yes, the dealer should solve
the problem, but there's not much more specific advice we can give
without psychic intervention or your inspection.
Old July 16th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Skippy via CarKB.com

jim beam wrote:
>> Help! I have a 2002 Honda CRV that is having problems. According to the
>> dealer , my Honda blew a head gasket. I had it repaired. Three days later

>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>> J.V.

>does the hood release work? if so, you need to operate it and look at
>the engine to see where it's coming from. yes, the dealer should solve
>the problem, but there's not much more specific advice we can give
>without psychic intervention or your inspection.

The oil is leaking on the upper right hand side above the drain pan. The
oil plug is tight.

JV

Old July 17th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_1_]

"Skippy via CarKB.com" <u22838@uwe> wrote in message
> jim beam wrote:
> >> Help! I have a 2002 Honda CRV that is having problems. According to
> >> the dealer , my Honda blew a head gasket. I had it repaired. Three
> >> days later

> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
> >>
> >> J.V.

> >does the hood release work? if so, you need to operate it and look at
> >the engine to see where it's coming from. yes, the dealer should solve
> >the problem, but there's not much more specific advice we can give
> >without psychic intervention or your inspection.

> The oil is leaking on the upper right hand side above the drain pan. The
> oil plug is tight.

Is it running down from a round thing that screws into the head, with an
electrical connection? Ours was leaking from the VTEC valve, or the VTC
solenoid, or both. The dealer put a dye in the oil to verify that this was
where it was coming from. Oil leaks are tricky, because oil is sticky and
goes everywhere, so you can't readily see the source. The dye method works
great. Another possibility is that they pinched the valve cover gasket when
they replaced the head.

Earle

Old July 17th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JV via CarKB.com

Earle Horton wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>> The oil is leaking on the upper right hand side above the drain pan. The
>> oil plug is tight.

>Is it running down from a round thing that screws into the head, with an
>electrical connection? Ours was leaking from the VTEC valve, or the VTC
>solenoid, or both. The dealer put a dye in the oil to verify that this was
>where it was coming from. Oil leaks are tricky, because oil is sticky and
>goes everywhere, so you can't readily see the source. The dye method works
>great. Another possibility is that they pinched the valve cover gasket when
>they replaced the head.
>
>Earle

I am not sure where the oil is coming from. Thanks for the information. I
will request that they do a dye test.

JV