Nascar Heat - help needed with gearing

Old January 14th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Nascar Heat - help needed with gearing

Just started playing NH again, its still fun after all this time. My
problem is that I can't keep up with the AI during starts and restarts.
I'm using the latest patch, 1.8. I have read that not being able to
keep up with the AI on starts is a gearing issue, but after a lot of
experimenting and downloading some setups, I still fall way back or get
rammed from behind on all starts and restarts. My pedal calibration
seems OK. Anyone have any suggestions? Can someone post a gearing
setup that lets you keep up with the AI? Thanks!

Old January 15th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> You might want to add if it's for the regular game or one of the many
> many mods available for Heat, and...if the Nascar original, Superspeedway
> or less than that.
>
> Good luck...I remember the AI zooming away like you describe.
> dave henrie

Here ya go... I'm playing both the regular game and the Heat2005 mod,
the AI is accelerating away at about the same rate in both.