"Power" mirror question

Old February 3rd 18, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default "Power" mirror question

I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
"power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.

Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
(auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5 conductors
instead of the 9 in the original.

Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?

Perce
Old February 3rd 18, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

"Percival P. Cassidy" > wrote in news54mfq$ebq$1
@dont-email.me:

> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
> "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
>
> Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
> (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5 conductors
> instead of the 9 in the original.
>
> Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?
>
> Perce

it said power mirror, not heated, sorry but you didnt look close enough or
message a question. KB
Old February 4th 18, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 02/03/2018 02:18 PM, Kevin Bottorff wrote:

>> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
>> "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
>>
>> Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
>> (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5 conductors
>> instead of the 9 in the original.
>>
>> Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?

> it said power mirror, not heated, sorry but you didnt look close enough or
> message a question. KB

But if it said "power mirror" for an '02 300M, how was I supposed to
know that there are "power mirrors" that fit a 300M but do not have all
the features that the mirror on a 300M has? How was I supposed to know
that I ought to have asked?

Perce
Old February 4th 18, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Percival P. Cassidy > wrote:
>I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
>"power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
>
>Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
>(auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5 conductors
>instead of the 9 in the original.
>
>Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?

If you don't have to open the window to move it, it's a power mirror.
--scott

Old February 4th 18, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

"Percival P. Cassidy" > wrote in
:

> On 02/03/2018 02:18 PM, Kevin Bottorff wrote:
>
>>> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
>>> "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp.
>>> models.
>>>
>>> Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
>>> (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5
>>> conductors instead of the 9 in the original.
>>>
>>> Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?

>> it said power mirror, not heated, sorry but you didnt look close
>> enough or message a question. KB

> But if it said "power mirror" for an '02 300M, how was I supposed to
> know that there are "power mirrors" that fit a 300M but do not have
> all the features that the mirror on a 300M has? How was I supposed to
> know that I ought to have asked?
>
> Perce

I am not unsimathetic but thats part of the hazard of buying on eslay.
You have to know exactly what you need and that would include looking on
online parts stores to see if there are options other than what you have.
He didnt misrepresent it, you just didnt happen to know exactly what you
needed. KB
Old February 4th 18, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

On 2/3/2018 10:03 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described
> as a "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other
> Chrysler Corp. models.
>
> Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
> (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5
> conductors instead of the 9 in the original.
>
> Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power"
> mirror?
>
> Perce

this mirror?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Co...haBnBS&vxp=mtr

Is the connector in the photo just like your old one? Maybe not.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old February 4th 18, 08:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 4:27:49 PM UTC-10, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> But if it said "power mirror" for an '02 300M, how was I supposed to
> know that there are "power mirrors" that fit a 300M but do not have all
> the features that the mirror on a 300M has? How was I supposed to know
> that I ought to have asked?
>
> Perce

Now you know that power mirrors aren't all the same and that you have to ask to make sure the connectors are the same. What's the problem? You are now smarter than you were before. You got an education that's worth more than the paltry sum you paid for that mirror. Now go out and buy the proper mirror.
Old February 4th 18, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

AMuzi > wrote in news
> On 2/3/2018 10:03 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described
>> as a "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other
>> Chrysler Corp. models.
>>
>> Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
>> (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5
>> conductors instead of the 9 in the original.
>>
>> Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power"
>> mirror?
>>
>> Perce

> this mirror?
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Co...-Intrepid-Pass
> engers-Side-View-Power-Mirror/271669536732?epid=18007840486&hash=item3f
> 40c427dc:g:z04AAOSwPIhaBnBS&vxp=mtr
>
> Is the connector in the photo just like your old one? Maybe not.
>

> http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...l+v6,1384343,b

ody,outside+mirror,1304
and apparently differences with in that model year also. be very sure
what you need. KB

Old February 4th 18, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Paul in Houston TX[_2_]

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a "power" mirror that
> "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
>
> Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features.
> The cable has only 5 conductors instead of the 9 in the original.
>
> Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?
>
> Perce

Looks like about 12 different mirrors (in English). Six per side.
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/part...-exterior.html

Old February 5th 18, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
> "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
>
> Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
> (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5 conductors
> instead of the 9 in the original.
>
> Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?
>
> Perce

Nope. You have the basic power mirror that fits that car. The one you
need has more options than just being a power mirror.

There are at least 6 different mirrors to fit that year/model.
You need to look for the one that matches your option group.

The seller listed it as a power mirror that fits, and was correct. Now
if it had been listed as having heat and power and XXX and it showed up
and was a manual adjust mirror then you have a complaint.

--
Steve W.