156 Selespeed dimming lights in gear change

Old September 10th 04, 04:02 PM
Azzy

Default 156 Selespeed dimming lights in gear change

Hi. I have a 156 selespeed & love it to bits. The only minor gripe I have
is that when driving at night using either the buttons or gear knob to
change gears, the lights dim & brighten fractionally during the gear
change. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to sort it out?

Old September 10th 04, 05:43 PM
Alfistagj

Sound like the regulator in your alternator will be failing shortly.
When the rev's change, the produced electrical power will change as well.
The regulator regulates that so these changes are eliminated.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Azzy" > schreef in bericht
lkaboutautos.com...

Old September 11th 04, 12:34 AM
Azzy

Hi Gert, thx for the advice. I'll book my car in & get them to check the
regulator. Will let you know. Cheers Azzy

Old September 11th 04, 11:51 AM
Ivan

"Azzy" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Hi. I have a 156 selespeed & love it to bits. The only minor gripe I have
> is that when driving at night using either the buttons or gear knob to
> change gears, the lights dim & brighten fractionally during the gear
> change. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to sort it out?

Worth getting it checked as per Gert-Jan... but I would say that the
symptoms you describe are normal. The Selespeed takes a lot of current to
get the hydrolic fluid up to pressure..... I actually noticed on long
motorway journeys the lights dimming as the system *maintains* pressure...
ie without changing gear.

HTH
--
Ivan.