Off to car heaven

Old February 23rd 09, 05:59 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.autos.saab
Henrik B.

Default Off to car heaven

"me" > skrev i meddelelsen

>>> When will the Americans ever learn ?

>>You don't appear to understand the American market...
>>

> It's not American's, per se. It's GM. Most Americans have a clue about
> cars, after many years of ignorance for most of them. Slowly they got
> a clue. That's why the "big three" are now going down the tubes.

Wrong! The American's hasn't learned a thing yet. Just look at which car was
the best selling in the US in 2008!!
It was only because the gas-prices where skyrocketing, that the Americans
started to look for alternatives. Now as gas-prices has lowerede again, the
people who can afford to buy a new car, are right back on the ol' track....

I'll bet, that the 2008 bestseller, will become so again in 2009....!

Cheers!

Old February 23rd 09, 10:15 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.autos.saab
PerfectReign[_1_]

me turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:59:13 +0100, "Henrik B."
> > wrote:
>
>>> It's not American's, per se. It's GM. Most Americans have a clue about
>>> cars, after many years of ignorance for most of them. Slowly they got
>>> a clue. That's why the "big three" are now going down the tubes.

>>Wrong! The American's hasn't learned a thing yet. Just look at which car
>>was the best selling in the US in 2008!!
>>It was only because the gas-prices where skyrocketing, that the Americans
>>started to look for alternatives. Now as gas-prices has lowerede again,
>>the people who can afford to buy a new car, are right back on the ol'
>>track....
>>
>>I'll bet, that the 2008 bestseller, will become so again in 2009....!
>>
>>Cheers!

> There's a large number of people who will always buy a truck or SUV
> (regardless of the fact that they don't need it). Big toys for little
> boys. Cowboys on the road.

Actually, my wife's SUV (Saturn VUE) is quite small. Not sure why you equate
SUV with huge size.

I only have a midsize Avalanche. I'd love an Excursion but they are just
too big to fit in the tiny parking stalls they make nowdays.

> At the same time, quite a few Americans have smartened up and few have
> the anti-foreign or "buy American" idiocy they had in the past. The
> change in mix of cars in the USA over the last 30 years is
> significant.

I was having a discussion with one of my staff members just a few minutes
ago.

He had just bought a '09 Infiniti (Nissan) G37s Coupe. I was telling him
how I'd be interested in either the new Maxima (2009) or a Malibu for my
wife. (She prefers sports sedans to her SUV, now that the kids can enter
and exit the car themselves.)

He commented how neither he nor his friends would ever buy an American car.
Keep in mind, he's 24 and single.

I see it every day. I wrote this on the Avalanche Club site back in late
December. I was leaving the park with my rugrats and noticed the cars in
the lot.

There were two Mercedes.
One BMW.
Two Lexus.
Two Toyota.
One Honda.
One Acura.
One Infiniti

Now, though the Mercedes was nice - it was a S600 - I felt a bit overwhelmed
by the fact that the only North American vehicle there was my Avalanche.
You can certainly see that US cars are in the minority where I live.

--
www.perfectreign.com
Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it. - Dee
Old February 23rd 09, 10:24 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.autos.saab
Adrian

PerfectReign > gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

> Actually, my wife's SUV (Saturn VUE) is quite small.

Which we get as the Vauxhall/Opel Antara, basically the same things as
the Chevrolet (Daewoo) Captiva. Hardly "small".

> Not sure why you equate SUV with huge size.

Because they tend to be.

> I only have a midsize Avalanche.

That's "midsize" as in "roughly the size of a house", I presume?

Oh, and please don't just change follow-ups mid-thread. It's a fairly
authoritative sign of a ****wit.
Old February 24th 09, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.autos.saab
PerfectReign[_1_]

Adrian turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

> PerfectReign > gurgled happily, sounding much
> like they were saying:
>
>> Actually, my wife's SUV (Saturn VUE) is quite small.

> Which we get as the Vauxhall/Opel Antara, basically the same things as
> the Chevrolet (Daewoo) Captiva. Hardly "small".

Have you ever driven in one?? My knees are pretty damn cramped in the car
with the seat all the way back. Aside from the seats being way too narrow.

>> Not sure why you equate SUV with huge size.

> Because they tend to be.

Ford Escape? Saturn Vue? Toyota Rav4? Honda Pilot? Nissan Pathfinder? (I
would still like to find one of the original two-door models.)

>> I only have a midsize Avalanche.

> That's "midsize" as in "roughly the size of a house", I presume?

Nope. At least my head doesn't touch the headliner much.

> Oh, and please don't just change follow-ups mid-thread. It's a fairly
> authoritative sign of a ****wit.

Nah, it is just good usenet etiquette. No reason to xpost the follow ups all
over.

I'm surprised Pan doesn't do it for you. I haven't used Pan since "She
Crawled Across the Floor" but IIRC, it did the same automatically. (I'm on
KNode right now.)

XCJNaWNyb3NvZnQgaXNuXCd0IGV2aWwsIHRoZXkganVzdCBtYW tlIHJlYWxseSBjcmFwcHkgb3BlcmF0aW5nIHN5c3RlbXMuXCIg LSBMaW51cyBUb3J2YWxkcw==

Off to car heaven DervMan Saturn 10 February 23rd 09 11:45 PM
Off to car heaven: Saturn, Saab, Hummer Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 13 February 22nd 09 07:37 PM
From Drag Race Heaven: Hot Rod Lincoln: CharlieRuthieKarl.gif (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 0 February 23rd 08 06:36 AM
Minivan heaven Matt Whiting Chrysler 29 December 29th 05 03:16 AM
IM IN HEAVEN. Teleplus Gatineau Ford Explorer 0 February 23rd 05 03:38 PM