93 Accord Clutch Master Replace

Old March 4th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff[_29_]

Default 93 Accord Clutch Master Replace

A friend has a 93 Accord with a very soft (but not leaking) clutch
pedal. Seems like a bad master cylinder to me.

How do I get this out? The lower rightmounting bolt is not hard to
take out but the upper left!!!

Do I need to remove the dash? The Haynes manual is not helpfull and
doesn't even mention bleeding or adjustments.

Any other tips appreciated. It seems like replacing the slave may
also be a good idea....

Sorry about the Google post but I am away from home.

Cheers,
Jeff

Old March 5th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff[_5_]

Jeff wrote:
> A friend has a 93 Accord with a very soft (but not leaking) clutch
> pedal. Seems like a bad master cylinder to me.

I'm a first time posster to this group (I have read it) and am a little
perplexed by the lack of an answer to a problem that surely many must
have encountered. Is this too dumb a question to be troubled with or
otherwise OT?

Jeff

Old March 5th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Jeff > wrote in
nk.net:

> Jeff wrote:
>> A friend has a 93 Accord with a very soft (but not leaking) clutch
>> pedal. Seems like a bad master cylinder to me.

>> How do I get this out? The lower rightmounting bolt is not hard to
>> take out but the upper left!!!
>>
>> Do I need to remove the dash? The Haynes manual is not helpfull and
>> doesn't even mention bleeding or adjustments.
>>
>> Any other tips appreciated. It seems like replacing the slave may
>> also be a good idea....
>>
>> Sorry about the Google post but I am away from home.
>>

> I'm a first time posster to this group (I have read it) and am a little
> perplexed by the lack of an answer to a problem that surely many must
> have encountered. Is this too dumb a question to be troubled with or
> otherwise OT?

As a first time poster, maybe you need to be informed as to these facts:
1) we are all volunteers here;
2) we have day jobs;
3) not everybody reads the group every day;
4) patience is a virtue.

You may wish to try bleeding the system before replacing things. You might
just get lucky and the pedal will firm up. Bleeding is identical to any
other hydraulic clutch system (or brake system for that matter).

As for your upper left MC mounting nut, both nuts are removed from under
the dash and no dash disassembly is necessary.

You'll just have to find a way to do it, even if that means modifying tools
with a torch and grinder to get them to fit. Using U-joints on your sockets
will help, too. Try really small wrenches, or a 1/4" ratchet set.

You will have to adjust the new MC pushrod after installation.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Master clutch cylinder Skipper Honda 5 February 12th 06 05:41 AM
golf clutch fault... slave or master ??? screwballtarius97 Technology 0 November 29th 05 02:47 AM
Clutch Master Cylinder on 93 325i Carver BMW 2 October 31st 05 10:12 PM
Replace master cylinder with ABS John Doe Saturn 1 July 19th 05 09:47 PM