Honda Jazz (/Honda Fit) - Water in Boot - Can you help?

Old April 24th 07, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default Honda Jazz (/Honda Fit) - Water in Boot - Can you help?

Hi,

Can you help me - what should I do?

My Honda Jazz (5dr, i-DSI, SE, 1.4L, 2002) has water collecting around
the spare wheel in the boot after rainy weather or washing. I presume
there is some sort of leak near the boot.

Has this happened to you? Can you help me with information about how
to fix the problem? How can I find out exactly what the problem is?

Many thanks,

Kenny

Old April 24th 07, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com>,
> wrote:
> Hi,

> Can you help me - what should I do?

> My Honda Jazz (5dr, i-DSI, SE, 1.4L, 2002) has water collecting around
> the spare wheel in the boot after rainy weather or washing. I presume
> there is some sort of leak near the boot.

> Has this happened to you? Can you help me with information about how
> to fix the problem? How can I find out exactly what the problem is?

Is there room to get inside the boot and close the hatch? Perhaps by
folding the rear seats? If so get someone to play a hose on it while you
look. You can often see where the water has got in just by looking at the
metal of the body (it will leave a track) - but this usually means
removing carpets and trim etc.

Most likely is problems with window seals. Next would be anywhere there
are holes in the body - lights, exterior trim etc. And don't forget
sunroof drains - they are usually hoses down through the D posts. Check
also the seal between hatch and body. Even if it looks ok water might get
under it by capillary action. If it has there will likely be rust.

Talcum powder squirted onto the steel bodywork at likely places can also
help find the actual source.

These are general tips - each model will have its most likely failures.

--
*Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old April 25th 07, 06:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Stabilized

I think that is very much to do with the rubber seal
in your boot as water sip into the bot through the
seal.

Why not give a call to the your mechanic for advice
or send your car back to the workshop to have them
fixed the problem.

_____________________________________
Free Tips to Save Car Gas Bill & Much More
@ www.HowCanISaveMoney.com/tips03.htm

On Apr 24, 2:52 pm, wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you help me - what should I do?
>
> My Honda Jazz (5dr, i-DSI, SE, 1.4L, 2002) has water collecting around
> the spare wheel in the boot after rainy weather or washing. I presume
> there is some sort of leak near the boot.
>
> Has this happened to you? Can you help me with information about how
> to fix the problem? How can I find out exactly what the problem is?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Kenny

ABS light on Honda Jazz (Honda Fit) chrisall Honda 4 March 2nd 07 05:56 PM
Honda Fit/Jazz - Is there a way to get Honda's attention? Joseph Oberlander Honda 11 July 15th 05 06:26 AM
Honda Jazz UK CVT holding on hills [email protected] Honda 9 June 14th 05 05:01 PM
Honda Jazz ¦³ÉN....? Jazz Honda 0 February 27th 05 02:42 PM
Honda Jazz ¦³ÉN....? Jazz Honda 0 February 27th 05 02:39 PM