ignition switch

Old November 25th 05, 06:50 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default ignition switch

my low mileage creampuff 1995 model 90 is in shop for its 6th ignition
switch.
does anyone know anything about this situation?

Old November 26th 05, 04:27 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Are these switches from the Audi dealer or aftermarket switches.
I recommend the dealer switches since sometimes the aftermarkets are not as
well built! BUT sometimes even the dealer stuff will have problems.

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)

nk.net...

Old December 1st 05, 12:27 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

There is a recall for ignition switch:

CAN CAUSE SOME ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES TO MALFUNCTION.

Make : AUDI Model : 90 Year : 1995

Build Dates : 19940101 - 19951201

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 96V017000

Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:SWITCH

Consequence: SOME ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES, SUCH AS, TURN SIGNALS,
WINDSHIELD WIPERS, LAMPS, POWER WIND0WS AND AIR CONDITIONERS CAN
MALFUNCTION WHEN THE CAR IS STARTED.

Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH.

Notes: CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY
ADMINISTRATIONS AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

More about this recall at:
http://auto-recalls.justia.com/conte...I-90-1995.html

-- Mike
Old December 30th 05, 06:36 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"" wrote:
> Are these switches from the Audi dealer or aftermarket
> switches.
> I recommend the dealer switches since sometimes the
> aftermarkets are not as
> well built! BUT sometimes even the dealer stuff will have
> problems.
>
> later,
> dave
> (One out of many daves)
>

> "Larry M. Stein" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > my low mileage creampuff 1995 model 90 is in shop for its

> 6th ignition
> > switch.
> > does anyone know anything about this situation?

its a problem ive had. the ignition switch is a problem with these
modles. and sadly it burnt out my starter and so i had to replace that
costing an extra 300. simply just buy it from the dealer and not
aftermarket.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/ignition-s...ict147790.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=722622
Old January 2nd 06, 02:15 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

> my low mileage creampuff 1995 model 90 is in shop for its 6th ignition
switch does anyone know anything about this situation?

Yes. This type of switch is VERY sensitive to excessive keyring
wieght. Dump all the flashlights, Swiss Army knives, bottle openers,
nightsticks. etc. Just keys, two or three at most.