Saturn LW300 Timing Belt

Old February 1st 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Robert Rolleston

Default Saturn LW300 Timing Belt

I was wondering if anyone had anything that they could send me showing me
how to change the timing belt. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic and have
many tools plus access to more. Any help would be appreciated.
Old February 2nd 09, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

I admire your moxie for wanting to undertake this yourself. I've changed
timing belts before but when I read what was required to do this one (mine
is an '01 lw300), I gladly paid a shop to do it. I have a buddy with an
independent shop who charged me $600 to do the water pump and timing belt.

You need tools to clamp the two dohc in position before the belt is
loosened. Another tool goes on the crank (iirc) for angle setting. There are
two tensioners and the relation between them sets the cam timing.

If you really want to read about it, give me your email or a binaries group
to post on. I can scan the ten or so pages later this week. It's a pain
getting the engine book on the flatbed scanner but not as big a pain as
working on this motor.

Oppie
20 miles North of NYC

Old February 3rd 09, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Do you have access to news:alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech ? Some
providers carry it. It's a binaries group and would be a good place to post
scans.

Old February 3rd 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Robert Rolleston[_2_]

Oppie wrote:

> Do you have access to news:alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech ? Some
> providers carry it. It's a binaries group and would be a good place to
> post scans.

Yes I do have access. *If you wouldn't mind sending me the copies so I can
check them out.

Thank you,
Robert
Old February 3rd 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Will probably scan my 2000/2001 manual section on the timing belt on
Thursday. What year is your car? This is the L81 engine?
Any scans I do, I prefer to post to a binaries group where they can be
widely utilized. Heck, I made a post some years ago about the "on board
radio diagnostic". You can still google for it. As I approach 60, I'll take
any degree of immortality that I can get <G>

news

Old February 4th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Robert Rolleston[_2_]

Oppie wrote:

> Will probably scan my 2000/2001 manual section on the timing belt on
> Thursday. What year is your car? This is the L81 engine?
> Any scans I do, I prefer to post to a binaries group where they can be
> widely utilized. Heck, I made a post some years ago about the "on board
> radio diagnostic". You can still google for it. As I approach 60, I'll
> take any degree of immortality that I can get <G>
>
> "Robert Rolleston" > wrote in message
> news
>> Oppie wrote:
>>

>>> Do you have access to news:alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech ? Some
>>> providers carry it. It's a binaries group and would be a good place to
>>> post scans.

>> Yes I do have access. If you wouldn't mind sending me the copies so I
>> can check them out.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Robert

I have a 2002
Old February 7th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech
30 pages worth of scans including serpentine belt and timing belt for 2001
L81 engine (LW300)
Oppie