OT - Spam increase?

Old September 19th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default OT - Spam increase?

Is it me, or has spam around here increased exponentially as of late?
When Scott decided to declare his new filtering system to the world, I
was thinking (among other things I won’t mention in the interest of
playing nice) that the whole thing seemed like overkill – killing a
fly with a hammer. Seems since then the spam has gone crazy. Am I
just noticing it more, or is it actually increasing? Did Scott throw
some voodoo our way, or attract them with all the mention of spam in
his postings? Half kidding, but damn… it’s actually to the point
where it annoys me now, rather than just the occasional BS thread here
and there.
Old September 19th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Sep 19, 8:37 am, " > wrote:
> Is it me, or has spam around here increased exponentially as of late?

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/?p=1156
-----

- gpsman
Old September 20th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
_ G O D _

> wrote
> Is it me, or has spam around here increased exponentially as of late?

.....<snip>....redundant crap has been carefully removed.....

It is you, because overall, the spam has decreased
drastically, comparing with all of the previous years.
But I still find alot of unsolicited email in my mailbox,
if that what you mean....
OT posting, however, is not "spamming." Besides,
who are you to decide and tell people what's "OT?"

I intend to last long enough to put out of business all COck-suckers
and other beneficiaries of the institutionalized slavery and genocide.

"The army that will defeat terrorism doesn't wear uniforms, or drive
Humvees, or calls in air-strikes. It doesn't have a high command, or
high security, or a high budget. The army that can defeat terrorism
does battle quietly, clearing minefields and vaccinating children. It
undermines military dictatorships and military lobbyists. It subverts
sweatshops and special interests.Where people feel powerless, it
helps them organize for change, and where people are powerful, it
reminds them of their responsibility." ~~~~ Author Unknown ~~~~

Old September 21st 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

On Sep 20, 1:24*pm, "_ G O D _" > wrote:

> > Is it me, or has spam around here increased exponentially as of late?

> OT posting, however, is not "spamming." *Besides,
> who are you to decide and tell people what's "OT?"

Anyone with half a working brain can tell that if it's not about
"autos" and "driving", then it's OT for "rec.autos.driving".

HTH,

E.P.
Old September 24th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larrybud

"_ G O D _" > wrote in

> > wrote
>
> .com...
>> Is it me, or has spam around here increased exponentially as of
>> late?

> ....<snip>....redundant crap has been carefully removed.....
>
> It is you, because overall, the spam has decreased
> drastically, comparing with all of the previous years.
> But I still find alot of unsolicited email in my mailbox,
> if that what you mean....
> OT posting, however, is not "spamming." Besides,
> who are you to decide and tell people what's "OT?"

Clearly if it's not about **driving**, since this is a driving
newsgroup, it's OT.

Is that unclear to you?
Old September 24th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
_ G O D _

"Larrybud" > wrote
. 245.22...
> "_ G O D _" wrote in
>
>> > wrote
>>

>>> Is it me, or has spam around here
>>> increased exponentially as of late?

>> ....<snip>....redundant crap has been carefully removed.....
>>
>> It is you, because overall, the spam has decreased
>> drastically, comparing with all of the previous years.
>> But I still find alot of unsolicited email in my mailbox,
>> if that what you mean....
>> OT posting, however, is not "spamming." Besides,
>> who are you to decide and tell people what's "OT?"

> Clearly if it's not about **driving**, since this is a driving
> newsgroup, it's OT.
>
> Is that unclear to you?

Clearly, you are more judgmental towards others than to
your own behavior. Because it is quite obvious that you
are OT, when talking about what others suppose to post
in specific group. And your comment is not on the topic.
The original author is confusing spam with crossposting,
as well as with OT-posting. But that's what was noted to
him together with remark about his self-centered attitude....

Old September 25th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Larrybud > wrote in
. 245.22:

> "_ G O D _" > wrote in
>
>> > wrote
>>
>> .com...
>>> Is it me, or has spam around here increased exponentially as of
>>> late?

>> ....<snip>....redundant crap has been carefully removed.....
>>
>> It is you, because overall, the spam has decreased
>> drastically, comparing with all of the previous years.
>> But I still find alot of unsolicited email in my mailbox,
>> if that what you mean....
>> OT posting, however, is not "spamming." Besides,
>> who are you to decide and tell people what's "OT?"

> Clearly if it's not about **driving**, since this is a driving
> newsgroup, it's OT.
>
> Is that unclear to you?

OT /= spam.
spam is advertising and other crap.
Like pics in a non-binary NG.

the occasional OT thread allows us to get to know the other regular's
opinions on other things.
It gives you a basic background regarding their on-topic posts,helps you
recognize the irrational posters.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old September 26th 08, 07:33 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.bush,alt.prisons,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.immigration
Ed Pirrero

On Sep 25, 9:53*am, "_ G O D _" > wrote:
> "Jim Yanik" > . 83...
>

> > Larrybud > wrote in
> .245.22:

> >> "_ G O D _" *wrote in

> >> Clearly if it's not about **driving**, since this is a driving
> >> newsgroup, it's OT.

> >> Is that unclear to you?

> > OT /= spam.
> > spam is advertising and other crap.
> > Like pics in a non-binary NG.

> > the occasional OT thread allows us to get to know the other regular's
> > opinions on other things.
> > It gives you a basic background regarding their on-topic posts,helps you
> > recognize the irrational posters.

> Then why are you posting your spam, which has
> absolutely nothing to do with the subject of r.a.d?

The topicality of postings, oddly enough, is topical in any newsgroup.

Perversely ironic, but true.

E.P.