Simbin's GT Legends

Old April 9th 05, 08:02 AM
jason moyer

Default Simbin's GT Legends

http://www.fia-historic-racing.com/e...408/index.html

Wish it were a true historic sim, but having the cars is good enough.

Old April 9th 05, 01:16 PM
Steve Smith

Sounds clueless. They babble on abt. "Yoken" Maas (I presume they mean the
great German driver Jochen Maas) and duelling Mercedes-Benz 300SLs, which
were ten years gone in the time-frames mentioned in the squib ('65, '75).
Too bad abt. the lack of historic tracks (I would KILL for some period
tracks--Solitude, Riverside, Zandvoort, Bridgehampton, Lime Rock, Oulton
Park--if they were compatible with GTR), but if I never see another Ford
Capri again it'll be too soon.

oups.com...

Old April 9th 05, 01:38 PM
Robin Lord

Steve Smith wrote:
> Sounds clueless. They babble on abt. "Yoken" Maas

Looks like its been run through a bad web translator, original german
version here
http://www.fia-historic-racing.com/d...408/index.html

--

Robin

Old April 9th 05, 01:49 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Steve Smith" wrote...
> Sounds clueless. They babble on abt. "Yoken" Maas (I presume
> they mean the great German driver Jochen Maas)

The spelling on that site is indeed atrocious.

> and duelling Mercedes-Benz 300SLs, which were ten years gone in the
> time-frames mentioned in the squib ('65, '75).

I think they mean Mercedes-Benz 300SEs (the 3-box saloon), of which there
are still quite a few kicking about in the historic categories.

> Too bad abt. the lack of historic tracks (I would KILL for some
> period tracks--Solitude, Riverside, Zandvoort, Bridgehampton,
> Lime Rock, Oulton Park--if they were compatible with GTR), but
> if I never see another Ford Capri again it'll be too soon.

nuthin' wrong with a Capri, mate... compared to a Vauxhall Magnum, that is.
;-))

Jan.
=---

Old April 9th 05, 02:57 PM
Steve Smith

Somebody seriously raced 300SE sedans? Sheesh, they might as well race
170Ds, Checker Marathons, or Trabbies. Not the stuff great sims are made
of....

Old April 10th 05, 03:49 AM
jason moyer

Steve Smith wrote:
> Somebody seriously raced 300SE sedans? Sheesh, they might as well

race
> 170Ds, Checker Marathons, or Trabbies. Not the stuff great sims are

made
> of....

Well, it is a European historic sports car series. I mean, we're
talking about the same group of people who consider the Escort a
classic racing car. =)

Old April 10th 05, 02:49 PM
Steve Smith

OTOH, I remember seeing Jim Clark driving the sh*t out of a Lotus Cortina
once - electrifying!

Old April 11th 05, 03:53 AM
Bruce Kennewell

....And that was his first race meeting in the car too, Steve!

Bruce.

Old April 11th 05, 08:05 AM
AndyC

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.fia-historic-racing.com/e...408/index.html
>
> Wish it were a true historic sim, but having the cars is good enough.

I think a few of these cars can be found in GT4 (eventually) and more likely
in Enthusia (which is getting West Racing'esq in it's communication of it's
release date)...
Link to Enthusia's car list: http://tinyurl.com/6y47d
There's a natty car "search" flash plug-in thingamebob too.

Regards,
AndyC

Old April 11th 05, 09:38 PM
jason moyer

AndyC wrote:

> I think a few of these cars can be found in GT4

A game I have no interest in playing, oddly enough.