NSR.. Yeah, remeber that FRY's thread?

Old February 16th 05, 04:32 PM
Plowboy

Default NSR.. Yeah, remeber that FRY's thread?

Where is it in stock? Anyone see it at walmart or Sams? Or maybe Target?
or online, or??? I had plans to have it by this saturday, GDI.

Frys.... or Outpost whatever... These fuggers, no wonder they were almost
bankrupt at one time, weren't they? I call to find out why my PRE order is
on back order. Remember I got lucky and got the special pre order pricing,
since I called and placed the order told them about the webpage that didn't
seem to work, free ship and all for $25... also note I didn't beg to get
this special price, the guy offered to do it over the phone for me right
then and there. So anyway I called last night, after getting a backorder
notice last week? and checking the status again online with the order #...
I was thinking, hmmmm what gives, everyone else has it shipping or retail
shelves by now.

Well the phone conversation goes like this... I call press 2 for customer
service, existing order, transferred to a gal, she asks the order #, I give
it, she says "you wanna cancel this order?"

I am flabberghasted, I said I dont know why, wont you get it?
She says "yeah, but it is backordered from the 9th. we didnt get any"

I manage to clear my head by babling (you all know how good I am at that
<wink>)
and ask, "now you arent hoping I will decide to cancel just because I got in
on the deal right?" (yeah I was instantly thinking black helicopters and
extra hoops to discourage me to then cancel the order... ) Well I am going
to if I can find it, sux out here in rural America sometimes, becuase I dont
have the stores like BestBuy or anything without a 100 mile (one way) road
trip. goddam.

I know some of you are saying "just a game" yet I see you same people
braggin how good it is... LOL

Old February 16th 05, 05:29 PM
JP

"Plowboy" > wrote in message
> Where is it in stock? Anyone see it at walmart or Sams? Or maybe Target?
> or online, or??? I had plans to have it by this saturday, GDI.
>
> Frys.... or Outpost whatever... These fuggers, no wonder they were almost
> bankrupt at one time, weren't they? I call to find out why my PRE order

is
> on back order. Remember I got lucky and got the special pre order

pricing,
> since I called and placed the order told them about the webpage that

didn't
> seem to work, free ship and all for $25... also note I didn't beg to get
> this special price, the guy offered to do it over the phone for me right
> then and there. So anyway I called last night, after getting a backorder
> notice last week? and checking the status again online with the order

#...
> I was thinking, hmmmm what gives, everyone else has it shipping or retail
> shelves by now.
>
> Well the phone conversation goes like this... I call press 2 for customer
> service, existing order, transferred to a gal, she asks the order #, I

give
> it, she says "you wanna cancel this order?"
>
> I am flabberghasted, I said I dont know why, wont you get it?
> She says "yeah, but it is backordered from the 9th. we didnt get any"
>
> I manage to clear my head by babling (you all know how good I am at that
> <wink>)
> and ask, "now you arent hoping I will decide to cancel just because I got

in
> on the deal right?" (yeah I was instantly thinking black helicopters and
> extra hoops to discourage me to then cancel the order... ) Well I am

going
> to if I can find it, sux out here in rural America sometimes, becuase I

dont
> have the stores like BestBuy or anything without a 100 mile (one way) road
> trip. goddam.
>
> I know some of you are saying "just a game" yet I see you same people
> braggin how good it is... LOL

Fwiw, I've always pre-ordered via ebworld.com, for years. Never had one
problem, delay, etc. Might want to give them a try.

Old February 16th 05, 07:49 PM
Darus

Also FWIW, no one here in MA has it in stock either. CC lists it for
$29.99, but only in stock as of Friday. BB has it listed for $39.99 and
still shows it "Backordered" for online orders and OOS for any of the
local stores here. It seems as if the "Release Date" is the day that EA
sends it out to the retailers, not the day the retailers put it out for
sale. Seems odd, but it's the best guess I can offer.

Old February 16th 05, 10:13 PM
Don

I'm trying to get online now.already went to easports to register.Still
can't get online.says I need a number?
Going to go back & try again

Old February 16th 05, 10:21 PM
Smokin_Bob

I called, today, Target, WalMart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Software ETC and
Meijers. Meijers and Wal Mart had never even heard of it,
Gamestop/Software ETC said since no one preordered it, they didn't
bother to order any AND, they expect to have it, maybe, by the 20th!!!!
Fools, thats raceday!!!! LOLOLOL, Best Buy THINKS they will have a
whopping 8 copies tomorrow, and the lady at Target said the phone is
ringing off the hook for the sim. Naturally, I sent off an email to EA
Sports. But I doubt it will do any good--since they do not have an
AUTOMATED DROPDOWN ANSWER MACHINE for the sim, I sent it with the FIFA
'support'. They got my email, but who knows....

I plan on stopping at Best Buy tomorrow in hopes of snagging the
mysterious copy. Circuit City announced last night at 6 PM EST they
are closing for good. But they will be open Friday, so maybe they will
have it for their going out of Circuits Sale.

Old February 16th 05, 10:57 PM
ZZ

I called, today, Target, WalMart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Software ETC and
Meijers. Meijers and Wal Mart had never even heard of it,
Gamestop/Software ETC said since no one preordered it, they didn't
bother to order any AND, they expect to have it, maybe, by the 20th!!!!
Fools, thats raceday!!!! LOLOLOL, Best Buy THINKS they will have a
whopping 8 copies tomorrow,

----------------------

Looks like EA really expected to sell a lot of these. lol
Makes me wonder if even they think it might be bad.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/gtrank_banners/14884.gif

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +36.233
NGT Rank +49.137
GT Rank Monster +1270.813
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward
-----------------

Old February 16th 05, 11:37 PM
RHinNC

Pre-ordered from EB, they called today and it is installed.

Old February 17th 05, 02:06 AM
Sting32

Good one ZZ

Nail... meet hammer,

Old February 17th 05, 02:08 AM
Sting32

You big city guys, rubbing it in... 3 hour trip (without the line) to go
get one IF they weren't sold out, and IF they had one...

Rightnow I'm just waiting I guess... Wal-Mart acts like sat they have them
according to online?

"RHinNC" > wrote in message
.. .
> Pre-ordered from EB, they called today and it is installed.

SNIP

Old February 17th 05, 05:37 PM
Smokin_Bob

THIS JUST IN--Well, Best Buy is not so sure anymore...if it is not in
today, or Friday....next week at the earliest. As for Target, they are
getting a COLOSSAL SHIPMENT OF TWO (2) COPIES. Date unknown.
Apparently, EA cannot be bothered to send them the information as to
when it will ship to them, so Target has no clue either.

Well done, EA--not only have you removed the competition, you are also
making it REAL tough to even play your sim. Hats off.

Stripped Thread Help Tony Technology 3 December 14th 04 08:16 AM
Stripped Spindle Thread Help Tony 4x4 3 December 13th 04 04:31 AM