Look for standard name of an auto part

Old October 4th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Fulio Pen

Default Look for standard name of an auto part

This is a small pad, always attaching to the key ring together with
the key. There are two or more buttons on this pad, for locking and
unlocking the door, and opening the trunk respectively. My daughter
lost this pad for her car, but she is not around. I have to order a
new one, thus must know its name.

Thanks for information.
Fulio Pen

Old October 4th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Marsh Monster

On Oct 3, 8:14?pm, Fulio Pen > wrote:
> This is a small pad, always attaching to the key ring together with
> the key. There are two or more buttons on this pad, for locking and
> unlocking the door, and opening the trunk respectively. My daughter
> lost this pad for her car, but she is not around. I have to order a
> new one, thus must know its name.
>
> Thanks for information.
> Fulio Pen

======
======

Where you gonna order it from?

~:~
MarshMonster
~takes a sip of crownroyal.....eagerly awaits your reply~
~:~

Old October 4th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Fulio Pen

On Oct 4, 2:38 am, Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> >Thanks for information.
> >Fulio Pen

> Remote
> Fob
> Key Fob
> Alarm Fob
>
> are a couple terms often used.

My sincere thanks to all of you for your help.

Fulio Pen

Old October 5th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
sdlomi2[_3_]

"Fulio Pen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is a small pad, always attaching to the key ring together with
> the key. There are two or more buttons on this pad, for locking and
> unlocking the door, and opening the trunk respectively. My daughter
> lost this pad for her car, but she is not around. I have to order a
> new one, thus must know its name.
>
> Thanks for information.
> Fulio Pen

If you have another one to go by, find an exact duplicate on
Ebay--numbers and all-- and email the Ebay link to me. Christmas could
possibly come early. s

Old October 6th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:14:04 -0700, Fulio Pen >
> wrote:
>

>>This is a small pad, always attaching to the key ring together with
>>the key. There are two or more buttons on this pad, for locking and
>>unlocking the door, and opening the trunk respectively. My daughter
>>lost this pad for her car, but she is not around. I have to order a
>>new one, thus must know its name.
>>
>>Thanks for information.
>>Fulio Pen

> Remote
> Fob
> Key Fob
> Alarm Fob
>
> are a couple terms often used.

The one I most often use is "waste of space in my pocket." What the hell
was wrong with a *KEY* and why are so many carmakers not even including
key locks on trunks and passenger side doors any longer, forcing us to
carry those stupid things? And worse yet, they are building the stupid
fob into the key itself.

/end curmudgeon's rant.

Old October 7th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
sdlomi2[_3_]

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:14:04 -0700, Fulio Pen >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>This is a small pad, always attaching to the key ring together with
>>>the key. There are two or more buttons on this pad, for locking and
>>>unlocking the door, and opening the trunk respectively. My daughter
>>>lost this pad for her car, but she is not around. I have to order a
>>>new one, thus must know its name.
>>>
>>>Thanks for information.
>>>Fulio Pen

>> Remote
>> Fob
>> Key Fob
>> Alarm Fob
>>
>> are a couple terms often used.

> The one I most often use is "waste of space in my pocket." What the hell
> was wrong with a *KEY* and why are so many carmakers not even including
> key locks on trunks and passenger side doors any longer, forcing us to
> carry those stupid things? And worse yet, they are building the stupid fob
> into the key itself.
>
> /end curmudgeon's rant.

Steve, according to my sister, that is so that Lexus can charge $175 (
or was it $275?) for one key which must've had the fob built-in. Then, for
another $20-or-so, she could buy the 2nd one. ...and don't anyone else dare
suggest it, as I already told her to just buy the 2nd one, but Lexus didn't
go for it! s