2008 Trunk Lightt

Old November 26th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_3_]

Default 2008 Trunk Lightt

OK This is a dorky question. There is a light in the trunk of my 2008 MX-5
on the wall that is on the back of the car, just to the left of the latch
for the lid of the trunk. It has a sliding on/off switch on it. Now for the
dorky part:

If I leave the light turned to "on", does it go out when the trunk is
closed? (I'm thinking - does the light go out when you close the fridge
door?) I lean toward thinking yes it goes out because I don't notice any
drain on the battery but this is the sort of random thing I wonder about.

And if it goes out, why is there an off switch? I'm thinking - so if you're
dumping a body at 4am in a swamp - the light won't come on when you open the
trunk. But of course, it would have to be a small body to fit in my trunk.
And I don't / wouldn't have a small body to dump. I'm just trying to imagine
why I might need an off switch in the trunk :-)

I've gone so far as to consider putting a video camera in there to film it,
but even that's a little obsessive, even for me. Thanks! -Carol

Old November 26th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Carol" > wrote:

> I've gone so far as to consider putting a video camera in there to film it,
> but even that's a little obsessive, even for me.

Don't need a video camera. Use a neighborhood kid. :-)

I'll bet it doesn't go out when the trunk is closed. The cargo light in
our '07 Mazda3 is strictly manual.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old November 26th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Invisible Man[_2_]

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> "Carol" > wrote:
>
>> I've gone so far as to consider putting a video camera in there to film it,
>> but even that's a little obsessive, even for me.

> Don't need a video camera. Use a neighborhood kid. :-)
>
> I'll bet it doesn't go out when the trunk is closed. The cargo light in
> our '07 Mazda3 is strictly manual.

The light in our UK 2007 MX-5 CC goes out but I had to use the video
function on my camera to satisfy myself.

The light on our 2004 Mazda 3 Sport hatch also goes out.
Old November 26th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson

Carol,

Yup it goes off. One fellow closed his digital video recorder in the trunk
to check it out

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...light+swit ch

The forums at miata.net are great sources of information.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/

Jim

2006 Mazda MX-5 Galaxy Grey Sport, LSD, RoadsterSport exhaust

Old December 22nd 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_3_]

Ya'll are the best. It makes me feel better just knowing that I'm not the
only one who obsessed about this. And this way I don't have to explain to my
husband why I need to borrow his video camera!! :-) Thanks so much.

"George Jetson" > wrote in message
> Carol,
>
> Yup it goes off. One fellow closed his digital video recorder in the trunk
> to check it out
>
> http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...light+swit ch
>
> The forums at miata.net are great sources of information.
>
> http://forum.miata.net/vb/
>
> Jim
>
> 2006 Mazda MX-5 Galaxy Grey Sport, LSD, RoadsterSport exhaust
>
> "Carol" > wrote in message
>> OK This is a dorky question. There is a light in the trunk of my 2008
>> MX-5 on the wall that is on the back of the car, just to the left of the
>> latch for the lid of the trunk. It has a sliding on/off switch on it. Now
>> for the dorky part:
>>
>> If I leave the light turned to "on", does it go out when the trunk is
>> closed? (I'm thinking - does the light go out when you close the fridge
>> door?) I lean toward thinking yes it goes out because I don't notice any
>> drain on the battery but this is the sort of random thing I wonder about.
>>
>> And if it goes out, why is there an off switch? I'm thinking - so if
>> you're dumping a body at 4am in a swamp - the light won't come on when
>> you open the trunk. But of course, it would have to be a small body to
>> fit in my trunk. And I don't / wouldn't have a small body to dump. I'm
>> just trying to imagine why I might need an off switch in the trunk :-)
>>
>> I've gone so far as to consider putting a video camera in there to film
>> it, but even that's a little obsessive, even for me. Thanks! -Carol

2008 BMW 135i Coupe-cpr-trunk=mx=.jpg (1/1) 213328 bytes [email protected] Auto Photos 0 November 20th 07 08:43 PM
2008 BMW 135i Coupe-cpr-trunk=mx=.jpg (1/1) 213328 bytes [email protected] Old Timers Photos 0 November 20th 07 08:37 PM
02 Dodge Caravan Check engine lightt chet Dodge 4 June 28th 05 10:30 PM
Wet trunk Henkerman Mazda 2 May 23rd 05 09:17 PM
93 LX trunk.... Gerry Pierce Ford Mustang 4 March 25th 05 07:55 PM