99 300m lower accessory pulley replacement

Old August 20th 15, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jonesy

Default 99 300m lower accessory pulley replacement

just was wondering if there were some special way to remove the lower
accessory/ac pulley on a 99 300m changed belts an squeaking,when I should have
changed the pulley but thought id ask before just unscrewing it,thinking its a
simple fix. is it?

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...ent-72135-.htm

Old August 22nd 15, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

jonesy wrote:

> just was wondering if there were some special way to remove the lower
> accessory/ac pulley on a 99 300m changed belts an squeaking,
> when I should have changed the pulley but thought id ask before
> just unscrewing it,thinking its a simple fix. is it?

There are 2 pulleys - one for the wide serpentine belt (that drives the
alternator and power steering pump) and another one for the smaller belt
(that drives just the A/C compressor).

I replaced the pulley for the wide belt on my '00 300m a few months
ago. It's easy to do. Yes, you just unscrew the bolt in the middle of
the pulley.

If you changed that belt already - how did you do it without messing
with these pulleys?
Old August 29th 15, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
JONSEY

replying to MoPar Man , JONSEY wrote:
> MoPar wrote:
>

> There are 2 pulleys - one for the wide serpentine belt (that drives the
> alternator and power steering pump) and another one for the smaller belt
> (that drives just the A/C compressor).
> I replaced the pulley for the wide belt on my '00 300m a few months
> ago. It's easy to do. Yes, you just unscrew the bolt in the middle of
> the pulley.
> If you changed that belt already - how did you do it without messing
> with these pulleys?

i didnt mess up the pulley went on easily but now the battery light and check
engine light is on, seems to have a electrical problem, are the belts not
tensioned properly ,and how do i fix it if thats the problem. any ideas people!