Watch those trunk and hood supports

Old January 23rd 13, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default Watch those trunk and hood supports

2002 300M. Opened the hood on Monday to add windshield washer fluid. It
stayed up. but then came down on my head and arm as I was working -- not
at full speed, of course, but fast/hard enough to bruise my arm and give
me a headache.

Perce
Old January 23rd 13, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

> 2002 300M. Opened the hood on Monday to add windshield washer fluid.
> It stayed up. but then came down on my head and arm as I was working
> -- not at full speed, of course, but fast/hard enough to bruise my
> arm and give me a headache.

Funny you should mention that.

I opened my hood ('00 300M) yesterday morning to plug the block-heater
in at the office - and the hood also came down (but slowly, and I caught
it in time).

It was about 5(f) outside at the time (but the car had been in a 50(f)
garage the entire night).

I opened it again this morning (in the garage) and it again was
relulctant to stay up unless I held it there for about 10 seconds. Not
sure what's going on here...
Old January 23rd 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
u c c

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:41:16 AM UTC-6, MoPar Man wrote:
> "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
>

> > 2002 300M. Opened the hood on Monday to add windshield washer fluid.

> > It stayed up. but then came down on my head and arm as I was working

> > -- not at full speed, of course, but fast/hard enough to bruise my

> > arm and give me a headache.

> Funny you should mention that.
>

> I opened my hood ('00 300M) yesterday morning to plug the block-heater
>
> in at the office - and the hood also came down (but slowly, and I caught
>
> it in time).
>

> It was about 5(f) outside at the time (but the car had been in a 50(f)
>
> garage the entire night).
>

> I opened it again this morning (in the garage) and it again was
>
> relulctant to stay up unless I held it there for about 10 seconds. Not
>
> sure what's going on here...

cold.... just cold....
Old January 24th 13, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 01/23/13 08:51 am, I wrote:

> 2002 300M. Opened the hood on Monday to add windshield washer fluid. It
> stayed up. but then came down on my head and arm as I was working -- not
> at full speed, of course, but fast/hard enough to bruise my arm and give
> me a headache.

I bought a new pair at NAPA for approx. $25 ea., and the hood stays up now.

Perce

Old January 24th 13, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DAS[_2_]

That should not be a reason. Even if you dropped the 'c's in your phrase
that should not happen in a car only 10/11 years old.

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
---

[...]

Old January 25th 13, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

yeah they are cheap and easy to install