end of mustang??

Old April 16th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
biofilm

Default end of mustang??

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...934741136.html

Old April 16th 12, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 4/16/2012 17:00, biofilm wrote:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...934741136.html

Probably has more to do with CAFE standards than buyer's preference.
Old April 17th 12, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article >,
"biofilm" > wrote:

> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...934741136.html

I'll need your login name and password to read that.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.
Old April 17th 12, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 4/16/2012 23:00, twk wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...934741136.html
>>

> I'll need your login name and password to read that.

For the last decade, auto makers have connected with baby boomers by
recreating storied cars from their youth like the VW Beetle, Chevrolet
Camaro and Dodge Challenger.

Now, Ford Motor Co. is betting it is time to hit the brakes on the retro
trend, and shift its focus to a younger generation.

The Mustang, the Pony car that launched affordable and compact sports
cars, today strongly hews to the look of the 1964 original. But Ford is
working on radical makeover of its signature youth-market car, people
familiar with Ford's plans said. The next generation would retain the
shark-nosed grille ...
Old April 17th 12, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_2_]

Do you guys remember when it was thought the car that became the Probe would
be the "new" Mustang.....

Ed

Old April 17th 12, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 4/17/2012 10:09, C. E. White wrote:
> Do you guys remember when it was thought the car that became the Probe would
> be the "new" Mustang.....
>
> Ed

And the Corvette would be replaced by something called a "Chevette."
Old April 17th 12, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_2_]

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> On 4/17/2012 10:09, C. E. White wrote:
>> Do you guys remember when it was thought the car that became the Probe
>> would
>> be the "new" Mustang.....
>>
>> Ed
>>

> And the Corvette would be replaced by something called a "Chevette."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Probe

Ed

Old April 17th 12, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article >,
"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote:

> On 4/16/2012 23:00, twk wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...980934741136.h
> >> tml
> >>

> > I'll need your login name and password to read that.
> >

> For the last decade, auto makers have connected with baby boomers by
> recreating storied cars from their youth like the VW Beetle, Chevrolet
> Camaro and Dodge Challenger.
>
> Now, Ford Motor Co. is betting it is time to hit the brakes on the retro
> trend, and shift its focus to a younger generation.
>
> The Mustang, the Pony car that launched affordable and compact sports
> cars, today strongly hews to the look of the 1964 original. But Ford is
> working on radical makeover of its signature youth-market car, people
> familiar with Ford's plans said. The next generation would retain the
> shark-nosed grille ...

I'm not liking that new style at the moment. It will probably grow on me.
Youth-market car, eh? Yep, I'm an old fart. /grin

Old April 17th 12, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

On 4/17/2012 11:47 AM, twk wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 4/16/2012 23:00, twk wrote:
>>> In >,

>>> I'll need your login name and password to read that.
>>>

>> For the last decade, auto makers have connected with baby boomers by
>> recreating storied cars from their youth like the VW Beetle, Chevrolet
>> Camaro and Dodge Challenger.
>>
>> Now, Ford Motor Co. is betting it is time to hit the brakes on the retro
>> trend, and shift its focus to a younger generation.
>>
>> The Mustang, the Pony car that launched affordable and compact sports
>> cars, today strongly hews to the look of the 1964 original. But Ford is
>> working on radical makeover of its signature youth-market car, people
>> familiar with Ford's plans said. The next generation would retain the
>> shark-nosed grille ...

> I'm not liking that new style at the moment. It will probably grow on me.
> Youth-market car, eh? Yep, I'm an old fart. /grin

If 400+ HP doesn't grow on you, then start looking for a nursing home.

(Even my wife's new Flex has 355 HP; I need a Mustang GT to keep up.}
--
Cheers, Bob
Old April 17th 12, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article >,
Bob Willard > wrote:

> On 4/17/2012 11:47 AM, twk wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:

> >> For the last decade, auto makers have connected with baby boomers by
> >> recreating storied cars from their youth like the VW Beetle, Chevrolet
> >> Camaro and Dodge Challenger.
> >>
> >> Now, Ford Motor Co. is betting it is time to hit the brakes on the retro
> >> trend, and shift its focus to a younger generation.
> >>
> >> The Mustang, the Pony car that launched affordable and compact sports
> >> cars, today strongly hews to the look of the 1964 original. But Ford is
> >> working on radical makeover of its signature youth-market car, people
> >> familiar with Ford's plans said. The next generation would retain the
> >> shark-nosed grille ...

> > I'm not liking that new style at the moment. It will probably grow on me.
> > Youth-market car, eh? Yep, I'm an old fart. /grin
> >

> If 400+ HP doesn't grow on you, then start looking for a nursing home.
>
> (Even my wife's new Flex has 355 HP; I need a Mustang GT to keep up.}

Oh I like the horse power.
It's the style that isn't doing anything for me.