BHP?

Old August 5th 11, 01:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

Default BHP?

Trying to insure my 156 JTDm Veloce 2004. 16v.

Is it 140 bhp or 150 bhp?

Thanks
TonyB
Old August 5th 11, 01:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"TonyB" > wrote in message
> Trying to insure my 156 JTDm Veloce 2004. 16v.
>
> Is it 140 bhp or 150 bhp?
>
> Thanks TonyB

It seems I've answered my own question, Aviva spent some time searching
their databases and
calling their underwriters before announcing that it's a 140 bhp as I
understood it to be.

Their quote was around £100 more than Tesco with whom it was insured last
year, but as a 150 bhp.
That was Tesco's decision not mine.

I'd like to get it right this year though!

TonyB

Old August 6th 11, 08:27 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"TonyB" > wrote in message

> "TonyB" > wrote in message
>> Trying to insure my 156 JTDm Veloce 2004. 16v.
>>
>> Is it 140 bhp or 150 bhp?
>>
>> Thanks TonyB

> It seems I've answered my own question, Aviva spent some time searching
> their databases and
> calling their underwriters before announcing that it's a 140 bhp as I
> understood it to be.
>
> Their quote was around £100 more than Tesco with whom it was insured last
> year, but as a 150 bhp.
> That was Tesco's decision not mine.
>
> I'd like to get it right this year though!
>
> TonyB

Got it covered with Swiftcover - £233.

TonyB

Old August 7th 11, 02:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"TonyB" > wrote in message
> Trying to insure my 156 JTDm Veloce 2004. 16v.
>
> Is it 140 bhp or 150 bhp?

Depends how big the engine is surely?!

Old August 7th 11, 04:12 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"GT" > wrote in message
b.com...
> "TonyB" > wrote in message
>> Trying to insure my 156 JTDm Veloce 2004. 16v.
>>
>> Is it 140 bhp or 150 bhp?

> Depends how big the engine is surely?!

:-)) I suppose it would be a guide!
It's 1.9.

Sorry to have taken a thread all to myself !!

TonyB

Old August 8th 11, 12:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> GT > wrote:
>
>> "TonyB" > wrote in message
>> > Trying to insure my 156 JTDm Veloce 2004. 16v.
>> >
>> > Is it 140 bhp or 150 bhp?

>> Depends how big the engine is surely?!

> The only 16v diesel fitted to the 156 was a 1.9...
>
> Unless you had a 5-pot with dropped valves

I know the 2.4 is more than 4, but I thought there were more diesel
4-cylinder engines in the range. Oh well, fair enough!

SAE horsepower vs. Bhp doug Corvette 7 July 29th 07 11:32 PM
Specification mentioning HP and BHP BJ Technology 1 April 12th 06 06:37 AM
FS: Golf GT TDI 130 bhp via ebay Andy VW air cooled 0 March 15th 05 10:35 AM
20% increase in BHP...with a resistor????? 156 SP3 Alfa Romeo 7 March 7th 05 03:19 PM
A6 2.5 TDI Quatro (179 bhp) RAFAL KRAWCZYK Audi 0 January 5th 05 02:07 AM