Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156?

Old December 11th 10, 01:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156?

Apparently so.....
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 11th 10, 04:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ivan[_3_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Apparently so.....

Welcome to GT ownership; yes?

--
Ivan.

Alfa GT
Ex 156 2.5 V6 Veloce
Ex 156 Selespeed (RIP 22 May 03)
Ex 145 QV
Ex 33 16v QV
Ex 33 QV series 1

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5694 (20101211) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old December 11th 10, 05:18 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Apparently so.....
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
bulbs.

However, changing them for LED bulbs means they'll never fail again.

TonyB

Old December 11th 10, 06:32 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 11/12/2010 15:00, Ivan wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Apparently so.....

> Welcome to GT ownership; yes?

You're not *kidding*.

And even worse, I can't get a bleeding replacement.

Old December 11th 10, 06:32 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 11/12/2010 16:18, TonyB wrote:

> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> Apparently so.....
>> --
>> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
>> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
>> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
>> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
>> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

> On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
> bulbs.

*boggle*

Old December 11th 10, 09:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Catman spoke:
> On 11/12/2010 16:18, TonyB wrote:
> >
> > On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
> > bulbs.
> >

> *boggle*

My old Jeep Cherokee I had to remove the bull-bars, bumper, grill, and
headlight assembly to change a front headlight bulb.

In winter, in the dark, in the snow!

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old December 11th 10, 10:08 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Oh yes. Try replacing the headlight washer stop valve inside the front
valence!!

Front wheels off, inner wings off, front bumper off..except you can't
on a 2.4JTD due to impossible access to one bolt on LHS. The second
time it happened, I just disconnected the headlamp washer system!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 12th 10, 01:05 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 11/12/2010 20:42, R C Nesbit wrote:
> Catman spoke:
>> On 11/12/2010 16:18, TonyB wrote:
>>>
>>> On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
>>> bulbs.
>>>

>> *boggle*

> My old Jeep Cherokee I had to remove the bull-bars, bumper, grill, and
> headlight assembly to change a front headlight bulb.
>
> In winter, in the dark, in the snow!

Nasty!

Old December 12th 10, 01:06 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 11/12/2010 21:08, Zathras wrote:
> Oh yes. Try replacing the headlight washer stop valve inside the front
> valence!!

Why in the name of god would I want to do that?

> Front wheels off, inner wings off, front bumper off..except you can't
> on a 2.4JTD due to impossible access to one bolt on LHS. The second
> time it happened, I just disconnected the headlamp washer system!

GAMI

Old December 12th 10, 09:58 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Apparently so.....
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

In 12 years of 156 ownership (crap grammar, but it's early in the day) I
have never heard anybody claim that they could change the front indicator
bulb on a 156. I still reckon it's impossible.

Dave S.... :>))