anyone have an old Trico catalog?

Old June 5th 10, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.antique
Ad absurdum per aspera[_2_]

Default anyone have an old Trico catalog?

> Looking for some information on old Trico wiper blades, specifically
> those used on old Corvettes and Studebakers.

I have no answer to the question, but it reminds me about today's New
York Times...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/au...pagewanted=all
First time I saw an Avanti it looked like a mash-up of 70s design
ideas, both production and kit-car. Then I realized that it embodied
all those 70s ideas in 1962 and came away with a lot more respect...

(Whether I *like* it, I still don't know; my tastes run more toward
Brooks Stevens. But it was like not much else on the road then, and
quite influential.)

Next up: old Corvettes.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/au...pagewanted=all

--Joe
Old June 5th 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.antique
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/05/2010 11:08 AM, Ad absurdum per aspera wrote:

>> Looking for some information on old Trico wiper blades, specifically
>> those used on old Corvettes and Studebakers.

> I have no answer to the question, but it reminds me about today's New
> York Times...
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/au...pagewanted=all
> First time I saw an Avanti it looked like a mash-up of 70s design
> ideas, both production and kit-car. Then I realized that it embodied
> all those 70s ideas in 1962 and came away with a lot more respect...
>
> (Whether I *like* it, I still don't know; my tastes run more toward
> Brooks Stevens. But it was like not much else on the road then, and
> quite influential.)

I still can't quite forgive Brooks Stevens for the GT Hawk though...
It's not a bad looking car until you realize that it was based on the
original Bob Bourke '53 hardtop...

The Avanti I'm conflicted on like you. It looks great from behind, or
from behind the wheel, but some views are lovely and some are just a
little awkward.

Note that the pic in the article is an Avanti II, which has the front
end raised up a little compared to the original Avanti, which had a bit
of a rake to it. To my eye that completely changes the character of the
car, and I prefer the original which has a much more hot rod vibe to it.

> Next up: old Corvettes.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/au...pagewanted=all

Cool...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Catalog companies Mike VW water cooled 4 September 16th 06 12:06 AM
FA trico 12 V windshield wiper vacuum booster William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Antique cars 0 February 15th 06 07:20 PM
Best online parts catalog I've seen so far Unknown User Dodge 2 August 16th 05 05:42 AM
Best online parts catalog I've seen so far Unknown User Chrysler 2 August 16th 05 05:42 AM
anyone have an Isuzu catalog? Ryan Underwood Technology 0 March 24th 05 04:44 AM