1966 Buick Special - sell or junk?

Old May 18th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Paul E. Schoen

Default 1966 Buick Special - sell or junk?

My friend has a 1966 Buick Special that he has had for probably 20 years,
and he has maintained it as well as he could, but he has three other
vehicles, and his wife has two more, and he feels it is time to get rid of
it. I think it runs well, but the body has been repeatedly patched and
needs some work. It has a small V8 and automatic transmission. I have no
idea what it might be worth, or if it is best to just junk it. We are
located near Baltimore, MD. Any ideas will be appreciated. If there is a
better newsgroup or forum of interest, please let me know. This is my first
time in any automotive NG.

Thanks,

Paul

Old May 18th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

The website below will give you an idea of the car's relative value.

http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/menus/makes.htm

You should also check with national Buick club. http://www.buickclub.org/
They have technical forums, buy/sell site, etc. Someone there
couldhelp you with any questions you have.

I hope this helps you.

Forrest
Old May 19th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Paul E. Schoen

"Otto Skorzeny" > wrote in message
> The website below will give you an idea of the car's relative value.
>
> http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/menus/makes.htm
>
> You should also check with national Buick club. http://www.buickclub.org/
> They have technical forums, buy/sell site, etc. Someone there
> couldhelp you with any questions you have.
>
> I hope this helps you.
>
> Forrest

Thank you for the links. They were very helpful, and I have attempted to
contact a member of the local Buick Club of America (but his email
bounced). I'll try the phone number later. The car is probably worth $400
to $1200 according to the chart. I was surprised that it would be in
demand, but I did find some really nicely restored and tricked out models
of that vintage, and they do look pretty cool. It would be nice if this car
could be saved from the scrap heap.

Paul