engine swaps

Old July 16th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default engine swaps

I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas or info anything would
be appreciated. I have a 95 Voyager with a 2.5 out of it and my
question is is there any difference of a 2000 Sebring 2.5 engine
block compared to a 95 2.5 block?

Thanks

gpzinfested

Old July 16th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

the difference is like nite and day. it wont work

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 16th 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"damnnickname" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> the difference is like nite and day. it wont work

That's not true. It's much more accurate to say "it wouldn't be
cost effective to make work even if someone gave you the engine and
the van for free along with a fully equipped garage, hoist, and tooling,
and 3 months of vacation time for you to just hack away on it"

People have gotten stupider combinations to work, with enough
money and effort.

Ted

Old July 16th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Gyzmologist

Chrysler has sold two different types of 2.5L engines (I4 and V6), and
this causes some confusion. If your Voyager has the 4-cylinder engine,
then the modifications to changeover to the V6 is more trouble and cost
than it is worth. The 95 Stratus had the 2.5L V6, and I think it was
used up through the 2000 model year. If your Voyager has the same engine
then it seams it should work, you just have to make sure the injectors
and sensors are compatible with your PCM. Why not rebuild your old
engine? I have over 138,000 miles on my Stratus V6 and it still runs
great. I have taken care of it, and now I am reaping the benefits.

--
Gyz

07 Saturn Sky
98 Dodge Status ES
94 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
Old July 18th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Jul 15, 9:28 pm, " >
wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas or info anything would
> be appreciated. I have a 95 Voyager with a 2.5 out of it and my
> question is is there any difference of a 2000 Sebring 2.5 engine
> block compared to a 95 2.5 block?
>
> Thanks
>
> gpzinfested

1995 was the last year for the 2.5 4 cyl in the vans. The six cyl
engines in use for vans that year, were the 3.0, 3.3, and 3.8.

For 1996, a 2.4 4 cyl replaced the 2.5 4 cyl.

1995 was the first year for the Dodge Stratus, and a new 2.5 six
cylinder was available as the only V-6 offered. It does cause some
confusion.

-KM

Old July 24th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Phillip Mcracken

I think the statement it won't work was more concise. But yeah there are
some people out there who have no concept of time value and will toil away
for weeks to accomplish 500 dollars in value (ie restoration people).