No StarForce with GTR 2 FIA GT Racing Game, RIGHT?

Old November 16th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW

Default No StarForce with GTR 2 FIA GT Racing Game, RIGHT?

Hi,

I just ordered it and I believe it doesn't have StarForce. Is that
correct? I am partly blaming StarForce for having to restore my PC a
few months ago (GPL installed it).

-pw

Old November 16th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:53:28 -0700, PW
> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just ordered it and I believe it doesn't have StarForce. Is that
>correct? I am partly blaming StarForce for having to restore my PC a
>few months ago (GPL installed it).

That is correct, and GPL doesn't have starforce either, unless you're
referring to GTL?

Cheers,
Rod.
Old November 16th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

No StarForce. You can tell it has SecuRom by the spinning CD Cursor when
you launch the game.

-Larry

Old November 16th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RAID!!!

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:53:28 -0700, PW wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just ordered it and I believe it doesn't have StarForce. Is that
> correct? I am partly blaming StarForce for having to restore my PC a
> few months ago (GPL installed it).
>
> -pw

Yea, no Starforce but the copy of GTL that comes for free with GTR2 does.
Old November 16th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Well, it wasn't really free

The boxes with GTL in them are $29.95. The boxes with GTR2 only were
$19.95. As mine was.

-Larry

Old November 17th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RAID!!!

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:47:51 -0500, Larry wrote:

> Well, it wasn't really free
>
> The boxes with GTL in them are $29.95. The boxes with GTR2 only were
> $19.95. As mine was.
>
> -Larry

I didn't get a choice and paid $29.99 CAD for GTR2 and GTL. I instaled GTL
anyway and took the chance Starforce won't eff up my PC.
Old November 17th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:03:16 +1100, Rod >
wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:53:28 -0700, PW
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I just ordered it and I believe it doesn't have StarForce. Is that
>>correct? I am partly blaming StarForce for having to restore my PC a
>>few months ago (GPL installed it).

>That is correct, and GPL doesn't have starforce either, unless you're
>referring to GTL?
>
>Cheers,
>Rod.

Yeah, I meant GTL!

I am just about to install GTR2. Thanks.

-pw
Old November 17th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:30:12 GMT, RAID!!! > wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:53:28 -0700, PW wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just ordered it and I believe it doesn't have StarForce. Is that
>> correct? I am partly blaming StarForce for having to restore my PC a
>> few months ago (GPL installed it).
>>
>> -pw

>Yea, no Starforce but the copy of GTL that comes for free with GTR2 does.

Thanks. I'll make sure I don't install GTL then.

-pw

The Deadly World of Street Racing [email protected] Driving 6 July 18th 06 06:58 AM
Starforce again mike Simulators 0 January 11th 06 05:15 AM
Racing Game Videos Jeff Reid Simulators 2 August 21st 05 10:23 AM
Mustang Returns to Sports Car Racing Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 0 January 29th 05 06:39 PM
SEGA RALLY 2005 Interview Dave St.Onge Simulators 1 December 24th 04 04:38 PM