Common exhaust leak?

Old October 7th 04, 07:41 PM
Mike

Default Common exhaust leak?

I have a 2001 Neon and noticed the other day that I have a small
exhaust leak just below the tail pipe. I figured it is not much of a
big deal. Now I noticed that two of my co-workers with a 2001 and a
2002 have the very same leak starting in the same spoke.
Neither one, as well as myself, noticed the leak as it is not making
any noise.
My question is, is this a common thing?
Also, now that I know that I will be in the market for a new muffler,
any suggestions on a good muffler that is not a noisy tin can like
most of the Civics in my area?

Mike
mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca
Old October 7th 04, 09:53 PM
bobby892

Neons have caused truble ever sence they started making them. it is a
common thing between 2000-2002, when they finally fixed it.

Old October 7th 04, 09:53 PM
bobby892

Old October 8th 04, 02:09 PM
maxpower

ITS A CONDENSATION DRAIN HOLE, IF THE WATER DIDNT DRAIN OUT THE SYSTEM WOULD
RUST OUT
Glenn beasley
Chrysler Tech
"deadbeat" > wrote in message
> All Chryslers, and most other manufacturers have the drain whole below the
> muffler. Hard to talk about the hole he is describing, unless it is that

one

Old October 8th 04, 02:09 PM
maxpower

Old October 8th 04, 02:48 PM
deadbeat

All Chryslers, and most other manufacturers have the drain whole below the
muffler. Hard to talk about the hole he is describing, unless it is that one
precisely. My Sister in law has a neon and the only leak it has is the
actuall drain hole. Therefore it is not a leak.
icas.hpqcorp.net...

Old October 8th 04, 02:48 PM
deadbeat

All Chryslers, and most other manufacturers have the drain whole below the
muffler. Hard to talk about the hole he is describing, unless it is that one
precisely. My Sister in law has a neon and the only leak it has is the
actuall drain hole. Therefore it is not a leak.
icas.hpqcorp.net...

Jeep Cherokee Coolant Leak Ankors 4x4 4 January 23rd 05 07:06 PM
Leaking exhaust Ulf BMW 10 December 10th 04 06:12 PM
Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 3 August 27th 04 01:50 AM
Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 2 August 22nd 04 08:45 PM
1969 Fairlane Dual Exhaust Rob N Antique cars 1 April 21st 04 12:47 AM