A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Chrysler
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Gas gauge sender problems.

Old November 5th 14, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
J Hite
external usenet poster

Default Gas gauge sender problems.

Greetings,

99 Dodge Gran Caravan:

My gas gauge sender seems to have a dead spot about midrange. When the gas sloshes and the sender goes across this area the needle dips for a second so I suspect it is an open as higher resistance correlates to a lower fuel level, at least that is what I have seen on my Dakotas.

The dip is no problem as I don't check the gauges every few seconds but this condition also blinks the low fuel light for a moment and dings the chime.. The closer the level is to half tank the worse. Going up the interstate late at night, ding, ding, ding-ding. It is better if I top off but it is a 5.5 hour, one tank drive from my house in VA to the job in PA. So I don't want to keep topping off. Probably too much info already here.

So my question to you is this. How hard is it to disconnect the low fuel light and chime? The pump is only 2 years old and would like to get a few more miles out of it.

Thanks,

jh
Ads