Need Dodge Grand Caravan extended warranty advice

Old August 30th 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
S.LaRocca

Default Need Dodge Grand Caravan extended warranty advice

I have a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan ordered & I was wondering if an
extended warranty is a good bet, or a waste of money ?

Anyone have any personal experiences with them that could shed some light
on this subject for me ?

--
Dr. Skeezix LaRocca, D.B. (Doctor Of Buffoonery)
Registered Linux Novice & Abuser #526706
Old August 31st 12, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

get one from Chrysler financial if they are still selling them. they cover
most everything and are pretty good to their customers.

if they don't sell them anymore, go with fidelity or mercury. they are also
good folks.

I would say you don't need one right now but get one before your factory one
runs out.

b.com...

Old August 31st 12, 11:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
BobMCT

I've had several. The ones purchased directly from Chrysler though
the dealership have always worked out and although somewhat costly
have paid for more than their cost over its duration.

On another new Chrysler vehicle I was frugal and purchased an
independent warranty which the dealer's service mgr stated they worked
with. That company went bankrupt after about 1 year of coverage.

So, based on my personal experience, go with the genuine Chrysler
extended. I know some prefer to bank money to cover any costs of
repair. But there is something nice about "no worries".

Good luck.
Old September 21st 12, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
greybuck

On Friday, August 31, 2012 4:58:39 AM UTC-6, BobMCT wrote:
> I've had several. The ones purchased directly from Chrysler though
>
> the dealership have always worked out and although somewhat costly
>
> have paid for more than their cost over its duration.
>

> On another new Chrysler vehicle I was frugal and purchased an
>
> independent warranty which the dealer's service mgr stated they worked
>
> with. That company went bankrupt after about 1 year of coverage.
>

> So, based on my personal experience, go with the genuine Chrysler
>
> extended. I know some prefer to bank money to cover any costs of
>
> repair. But there is something nice about "no worries".
>

> Good luck.

Yes. I would caution against buying a third party contract. Too many go bankrupt, leaving you with a worthless contract.

KM
Old September 22nd 12, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

there's 3 or 4 good ones, but not many