Cheap lamps

Old November 23rd 11, 09:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

Default Cheap lamps

This may sound obvious but if it saves someone else hassle it'll be worth
it.

I bought some rather cheap bulbs from ebay for the 156.
One failed within two hours of installation and the other emits so little
light I had to drive home on the fogs.

I have now purchased a set of Halfords Xenon which although expensive ( they
had an offer, £24.90 each, buy one get one free. ) seem to be just the job.

I know I can get quality bulbs on ebay but I needed them instantly or I
won't get home from work tomorrow!

TonyB

Old November 24th 11, 01:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> TonyB > wrote:
>
>> This may sound obvious but if it saves someone else hassle it'll be worth
>> it.
>>
>> I bought some rather cheap bulbs from ebay for the 156.
>> One failed within two hours of installation and the other emits so little
>> light I had to drive home on the fogs.
>>
>> I have now purchased a set of Halfords Xenon which although expensive (
>> they
>> had an offer, £24.90 each, buy one get one free. ) seem to be just the
>> job.
>>
>> I know I can get quality bulbs on ebay but I needed them instantly or I
>> won't get home from work tomorrow!

> 25 quid!
>
> You could get a set of HIDs for not much more. That's what we did with
> ours.

My 50w HID kit was about £50 IIRC. Recommend.

> I believe it'll pass the new MOT regs., too, as many 'wagons came with
> self-levelling rear shocks.

Been through 3 MOTs with hid now.

Old November 28th 11, 03:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> GT > wrote:
>
>> > I believe it'll pass the new MOT regs., too, as many 'wagons came with
>> > self-levelling rear shocks.

>> Been through 3 MOTs with hid now.

> There is, allegedly, a tightening up of the rules for next year.
> --

That affects HID? I've seen the ESP additions and some other new parts to
the test, but I missed a change in the headlight part of the MOT.

Old November 30th 11, 07:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"GT" > wrote in message
eb.com...

>>> Been through 3 MOTs with hid now.

>> There is, allegedly, a tightening up of the rules for next year.
>> --

> That affects HID? I've seen the ESP additions and some other new parts to
> the test, but I missed a change in the headlight part of the MOT.
>Thanks - I'll look into it.

TonyB

Fog Lamps Brian[_24_] Ford Mustang 18 October 2nd 07 04:12 AM
93 ZJ Brake lamps Bogey Buster Jeep 2 August 11th 07 09:02 AM
Impossible Lamps vincent Antique cars 4 July 2nd 06 09:11 PM
Driving lamps kev_thomas1 4x4 0 February 13th 06 01:09 PM
Fog Lamps rlking BMW 2 July 19th 05 05:00 PM