What is next?

Old December 7th 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

Default What is next?

For those of us who look around RAS while at work, but cant surf the web and
boards as easily (blocked or monitored). What do you guys know? When is
rFactor 2 going to arrive? what else is out there new?

well, have a happy holidays anyhow.
Plowboy

Old December 8th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:16:58 -0600, PlowBoy wrote:
> For those of us who look around RAS while at work, but cant surf the web and
> boards as easily (blocked or monitored). What do you guys know? When is
> rFactor 2 going to arrive? what else is out there new?

I've been having some fun with nfs shift, but I just hate the "car
battle" stuff where you're left without an option other than to ram
your opponent into the deepest gravel trap around at the first
opportunity.

Dunno when rF2 will hit the shelves, but in the meantime there are so
many great mods and tracks to try out that rF 1 hasn't managed to bore
me a single minute in what, three years now?

All the best, Uwe

Old December 8th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Will Bradshaw

PlowBoy wrote:
> For those of us who look around RAS while at work, but cant surf the web and
> boards as easily (blocked or monitored). What do you guys know? When is
> rFactor 2 going to arrive? what else is out there new?
>
> well, have a happy holidays anyhow.
> Plowboy

In terms of rFactor 2, I've heard anything from Q1 2010 to Q4 2011. It's
really anyones guess.

-Will
Old December 8th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt[_3_]

Will Bradshaw wrote:

> In terms of rFactor 2, I've heard anything from Q1 2010 to Q4 2011. It's
> really anyones guess.

In what way will rF2 differ from rF1? Or isn't that clear atm?

Cheers!

Remco
Old December 9th 09, 10:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:48:20 +0100, Remco Moedt wrote:

> In what way will rF2 differ from rF1? Or isn't that clear atm?
>
> Cheers!

Some wild, unfounded guessing on my part, and as it's xmas soon,
here goes:

- improved tyre model

- multi core support

- nfs shift like graphics engine (hopefully configurable blur-wise)

- AI stands for "Artificial Intelligence", not "Aggravated Idiots"

- dynamic track conditions (marbles, laid-down rubber over the course
of an event

- the beginnings of weather effects / changeable weather

- added content / online store type system that both integrates free
mods and "pro level" add-ons that can be purchased online (and I
mean "purchased", not "licensed" as opposed to iR's model)

All the best,

Uwe

Old December 9th 09, 12:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:14:31 +0000 (UTC), Uwe >
wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:48:20 +0100, Remco Moedt wrote:
>
>> In what way will rF2 differ from rF1? Or isn't that clear atm?
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

>Some wild, unfounded guessing on my part, and as it's xmas soon,
>here goes:
>
>- improved tyre model
>- multi core support
>- nfs shift like graphics engine (hopefully configurable blur-wise)

This is something you would expect anyway.

>- AI stands for "Artificial Intelligence", not "Aggravated Idiots"

That would be cool! I'm not that interested in online racing anymore,
so improved AI is always welcome. It would be even better if you could
mod the AI .

>- dynamic track conditions (marbles, laid-down rubber over the course
>of an event
>- the beginnings of weather effects / changeable weather

Well, hopefully it's not just some skidmarks and a bit of fog.

>- added content / online store type system that both integrates free
>mods and "pro level" add-ons that can be purchased online (and I
>mean "purchased", not "licensed" as opposed to iR's model)

Thanks for your answer, Uwe! Ofcourse it's hard to come up with
something absolutely new in this genre, the games are just evolving
using the latest hardware. I'm still waiting for a game were you could
design your own car within a given rule set which you can race online.
And with designing I don't mean slapping some decalls on...

Cheers!

Remco
Old December 10th 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher's Left Testicle

"Uwe" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:48:20 +0100, Remco Moedt wrote:
>
>> In what way will rF2 differ from rF1? Or isn't that clear atm?
>>
>> Cheers!

> - AI stands for "Artificial Intelligence", not "Aggravated Idiots"

A bit unrealistic then.

Old December 18th 09, 12:36 PM
kin66852 kin66852 is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation trend

In 2003, Liz Claiborne Inc. To 53 million U.S. dollars acquisition of Travis Jeans Inc., Indirectly bought part of Travis's Juicy Couture.Juicy Couture clothing in recent years, the love of ladies, their products are a lot of towel material, The class heroine who. In 1999.Juicy handbags Jeans series, the success of the casual wear market,and other products to adopt Ms. bath supplies, such as footwear, handbags and jewelry ornaments. The cheap Juicy Couture is also close to the trend with a public fashion juicy couture tracksuits products are still the two young women from the handwriting. In fact, the Juicy Couture accessories to sell Juicy want Liz with the financial.