Argghh: taken roughly.

Old August 19th 09, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Argghh: taken roughly.

Or more accurately SWMBO was. By a bloody great LWB Transit type thing
in her 145.

Boot won't open or shut properly, looks to me like the rear quarter
shouldn't be that shape and the spare wheel well / boot floor is
definitely bent.

I suppose that will get written off then.

At least driver bloke admitted it was his fault, and has already been in
to his insco.
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old August 21st 09, 09:45 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:25:33 +0100, Catman
> wrote:

>I suppose that will get written off then.

>At least driver bloke admitted it was his fault, and has already been in
> to his insco.

In those circumstances, can't you *insist* they repair it?

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old August 21st 09, 10:14 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:25:33 +0100, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> I suppose that will get written off then.

>> At least driver bloke admitted it was his fault, and has already been in
>> to his insco.

> In those circumstances, can't you *insist* they repair it?

Now there's an interesting question.

It's been very painless so far. Just waiting for the hire car to be
arranged....

Old August 24th 09, 12:24 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:14:45 +0100, Catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:25:33 +0100, Catman
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I suppose that will get written off then.

>>> At least driver bloke admitted it was his fault, and has already been in
>>> to his insco.

>> In those circumstances, can't you *insist* they repair it?
>>

>Now there's an interesting question.

Indeed. I haven't experienced a trustworthy answer to that question
yet so do let us know how it goes old chap! ;-)

Old August 26th 09, 09:37 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Or more accurately SWMBO was. By a bloody great LWB Transit type thing in
> her 145.
>
> Boot won't open or shut properly, looks to me like the rear quarter
> shouldn't be that shape and the spare wheel well / boot floor is
> definitely bent.

If she wanted a MiTo, then there are easier ways of getting one. She didn't
have to panel beat the 145 into 1!

Old August 26th 09, 11:54 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> Or more accurately SWMBO was. By a bloody great LWB Transit type thing in
>> her 145.
>>
>> Boot won't open or shut properly, looks to me like the rear quarter
>> shouldn't be that shape and the spare wheel well / boot floor is
>> definitely bent.

> If she wanted a MiTo, then there are easier ways of getting one. She didn't
> have to panel beat the 145 into 1!

Heh. She won't be getting a Mito unless we sell the company. In which
case I'll be aiming to get one free with my Masrerati.