Windscreen washer jets clogged

Old December 7th 09, 04:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

Default Windscreen washer jets clogged

Windscreen washers. 4 holes at passenger side, 3 are blocked. 4 holes at
drivers side, 2 holes are blocked and 1 is dribbling. How do I get to clean
them without removing too much 'car'? I have tried a pin etc, but they need
to be removed and/or jetted somehow.

Old December 7th 09, 04:50 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"GT" > wrote in message
> Windscreen washers. 4 holes at passenger side, 3 are blocked. 4 holes at
> drivers side, 2 holes are blocked and 1 is dribbling. How do I get to
> clean them without removing too much 'car'? I have tried a pin etc, but
> they need to be removed and/or jetted somehow.

According to google, I can pop them out with a small screwdriver? Am I
likely to break any plastic connectors doing this?

Old December 7th 09, 05:15 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "GT" > wrote in message
>> Windscreen washers. 4 holes at passenger side, 3 are blocked. 4 holes at
>> drivers side, 2 holes are blocked and 1 is dribbling. How do I get to
>> clean them without removing too much 'car'? I have tried a pin etc, but
>> they need to be removed and/or jetted somehow.

> According to google, I can pop them out with a small screwdriver? Am I
> likely to break any plastic connectors doing this?

Not unless you're *really* ham fisted, no. The hose attached is
reasonably flexible IME.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 7th 09, 05:20 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> GT wrote:
> > "GT" > wrote in message
> >> Windscreen washers. 4 holes at passenger side, 3 are blocked. 4 holes at
> >> drivers side, 2 holes are blocked and 1 is dribbling. How do I get to
> >> clean them without removing too much 'car'? I have tried a pin etc, but
> >> they need to be removed and/or jetted somehow.

> > According to google, I can pop them out with a small screwdriver? Am I
> > likely to break any plastic connectors doing this?
> >

> Not unless you're *really* ham fisted, no. The hose attached is
> reasonably flexible IME.

I removed mine and put them through an ultrasonic cleaner.
--
SteveH
Old December 7th 09, 07:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"GT" > wrote in message
> Windscreen washers. 4 holes at passenger side, 3 are blocked. 4 holes at
> drivers side, 2 holes are blocked and 1 is dribbling. How do I get to
> clean them without removing too much 'car'? I have tried a pin etc, but
> they need to be removed and/or jetted somehow.

Had this problem on the 156 ages ago :

Poked needles into the holes / tried brushing "grot" off the jets etc. etc.

Eventually fixed it by replacing the jets (£3.74 plus VAT for the pair) -
didn't have to remove too much 'car' to do this !!

Dave S... (currently driving the wife's Clio instead of the sick 156, and
NOT enjoying the experience) :>(( :>((

Old December 7th 09, 07:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> GT wrote:
>> >
>> > According to google, I can pop them out with a small screwdriver? Am I
>> > likely to break any plastic connectors doing this?
>> >

>> Not unless you're *really* ham fisted, no. The hose attached is
>> reasonably flexible IME.

> I removed mine and put them through an ultrasonic cleaner.
> --
> SteveH

Cost of "ultrasonic cleaner" ? (Sounds like something from StarTrek)

Dave S.... (no witty / half-witty comments this time, going to drown
sorrows in chili con carne, washed down with a few thimbles of the vino
rosso)

Old December 7th 09, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Dave Savage > wrote:

> >> Not unless you're *really* ham fisted, no. The hose attached is
> >> reasonably flexible IME.

> > I removed mine and put them through an ultrasonic cleaner.

> Cost of "ultrasonic cleaner" ? (Sounds like something from StarTrek)

25 quid.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...liant1&U=Xmas%
2009%20-%20Home%20&%20Car&T=ultrasonic%20cleaner&gclid=CJD VtfaFxZ4CFVtn4
wodEmOPpQ

Useful for loads of stuff - jewellery, glasses, watches, CD / DVDs etc -
and obviously small bits of cars and motorbikes, like washer jets and
carb. needles. Haven't tried injectors yet, but can't see any reason why
it wouldn't work.
--
SteveH
Old December 7th 09, 07:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:09:01 -0000, "Dave Savage"
> wrote:

>"GT" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Windscreen washers. 4 holes at passenger side, 3 are blocked. 4 holes at
>> drivers side, 2 holes are blocked and 1 is dribbling. How do I get to
>> clean them without removing too much 'car'? I have tried a pin etc, but
>> they need to be removed and/or jetted somehow.
>>

>Had this problem on the 156 ages ago :
>
>Poked needles into the holes / tried brushing "grot" off the jets etc. etc.

Straightened staples held with pliers are best as they don't have such
sharp ends. Won't last as the 'sprinkers' (IIRC, that's what Alfa call
them!) are a bit **** when new let alone a few years old.

>Eventually fixed it by replacing the jets (£3.74 plus VAT for the pair) -
>didn't have to remove too much 'car' to do this !!

I second this as the way to go.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 7th 09, 09:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Dave Savage > wrote:

> Dave S.... (not that I dis-approve of purchasing an "ultrasonic cleaner"
> from Maplins, but what's wrong with Fairy Liquid ??)

You put that in the ultrasonic cleaner....

I thought it was a load of crap until I got one.
--
SteveH
Old December 8th 09, 09:33 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dave Savage > wrote:
>
>> Dave S.... (not that I dis-approve of purchasing an "ultrasonic cleaner"
>> from Maplins, but what's wrong with Fairy Liquid ??)

> You put that in the ultrasonic cleaner....

What - the Fairy Liquid ? Why - is it contaminated ?

I sense I'm losing the drift of this one.

Dave S...

Clogged Windshield Washer Nozzle DavidB Honda 1 July 17th 06 04:31 AM
2002 Voyager washer jets - PLEASE HELP! fourflightsup Chrysler 1 April 13th 06 01:06 AM
156 Windscreen washer problems Mitch Alfa Romeo 5 February 8th 06 10:58 PM
A100 washer jets Guy King Audi 0 January 1st 06 07:31 AM
X5 heated washer jets?? Rush BMW 4 December 21st 04 08:30 AM