Problem with Audi Concert 2004 A4

Old June 23rd 07, 06:00 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Problem with Audi Concert 2004 A4

The front speakers are not working on my 2004 Audi A4. My local
repair shop were not sure if there is an amp powering the front
speakers or what. The chances of both front speakers being blown out
aren't much. I'd rather not buy a new stereo... any ideas?

Old June 24th 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike

On Jun 23, 6:00 pm, wrote:
> The front speakers are not working on my 2004 Audi A4. My local
> repair shop were not sure if there is an amp powering the front
> speakers or what. The chances of both front speakers being blown out
> aren't much. I'd rather not buy a new stereo... any ideas?

I have an audi concert in my A4 avant, the front speakers were powered
directly from the HU but the rears had a seperate AMP/sub
arrangement. If it's like mine there's a wiring schematic on the top
and one of the connectors has four connections marked FR+, FR-, etc.
The rear output was on a seperate connector (mini ISO). If that's the
case then it's prob. a fault with the HU.

A replacement aftermarket unit will require an adaptor for the wiring,
I've used an audi leads PC9-404 I got of e-bay for about £18. This
adapts the audi connectors so it's work with ISO fittings and RCA outs
for the rear speakers. Audio leads also do a PC9-408+410 depending on
the speaker setup and new HU you have. Additionally I am awaiting a
fascia adaptor FP-05-05 and and active arial adaptor as the ariel is
amplified.

see http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_f...ts/Audi/A4.htm and
the audio leads website for details, there's a spreadsheet you can
download that gives details of fitting fits and plates.

I might be selling my concert HU shortly, if your interested let me
know, 4 yrs old full working order, I just wanted to be able to play
MP3s and liked my old HU. I'm in the UK BTW.

Mike

Old June 30th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
kakosamlegenda

do the rear speakers sound weird? maybe is the radio in bose-mode? does it
say bose when you turn it on? if so, there's a easy solution.

Old July 1st 07, 03:12 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
"kakosamlegenda" > wrote:

> do the rear speakers sound weird? maybe is the radio in bose-mode? does it
> say bose when you turn it on? if so, there's a easy solution.

I'd like some info on removing the Bose system from a 2007 A3, if you
have that. The HU is nice but the speakers and amp are as cheap as they
could be.

radio audi concert! tommy@punkrock Audi 1 March 15th 07 10:02 PM
Audi Concert firmware Exceso Audi 0 October 4th 05 08:49 AM
Problem with Audi Concert, Bose Mario Audi 2 September 18th 05 11:39 PM
audi concert, cd function Darwin McCullough Audi 3 April 13th 05 10:58 PM
Audi Concert and mp3 Emilio Audi 5 June 4th 04 01:04 PM