1" alum spacer rear spring lift kit on an 89GT

Old June 23rd 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 1" alum spacer rear spring lift kit on an 89GT

Im thinking bout putting this on my 89GT. They are spacers that go on
the spring seat. Does anyone have these and could post or link a pic
of a car with them installed?

Im thinking it would look to "70s jacked up" but just curious.

Thanks,

Old June 25th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default (from Kate)

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Im thinking bout putting this on my 89GT. They are spacers that go on
> the spring seat. Does anyone have these and could post or link a pic
> of a car with them installed?
>
> Im thinking it would look to "70s jacked up" but just curious.
>
> Thanks,

Being a child of the 70's myself, I have ALWAYS loved that look.
Put big meats on the rear and dump it on it's nose... it makes me grin just
thinking about it.

When you do it, be sure to post some pics!

Kate

Old June 25th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

".boB" >

....is a big ol spoil sport!

Kate

Old June 25th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Big Iron wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Im thinking bout putting this on my 89GT. They are spacers that go on
>> the spring seat. Does anyone have these and could post or link a pic
>> of a car with them installed?
>>
>> Im thinking it would look to "70s jacked up" but just curious.
>>
>> Thanks,

> Being a child of the 70's myself, I have ALWAYS loved that look.
> Put big meats on the rear and dump it on it's nose... it makes me grin just
> thinking about it.

I had a 71 Nova that had the rear end hiked up in the air. I thought it
looked killer. A set of air shocks on your ride was a must in those
days. I remember the rear end would bounce around like the tires were
made of solid "super ball" rubber. The shock were so tight they may as
well have been solid steel tubes. Ahhh... the good old days.

Old June 25th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:40:59 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> wrote:

>Big Iron wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Im thinking bout putting this on my 89GT. They are spacers that go on
>>> the spring seat. Does anyone have these and could post or link a pic
>>> of a car with them installed?
>>>
>>> Im thinking it would look to "70s jacked up" but just curious.
>>>
>>> Thanks,

>> Being a child of the 70's myself, I have ALWAYS loved that look.
>> Put big meats on the rear and dump it on it's nose... it makes me grin just
>> thinking about it.

>I had a 71 Nova that had the rear end hiked up in the air. I thought it
>looked killer. A set of air shocks on your ride was a must in those
>days. I remember the rear end would bounce around like the tires were
>made of solid "super ball" rubber. The shock were so tight they may as
>well have been solid steel tubes. Ahhh... the good old days.
>
>> When you do it, be sure to post some pics!
>>
>> Kate

1978, wife had a 72 Nova hatchback...bright orange, air shocks, deep
dish chrome rears with huge cheaters on the back and stocks up
front... leetle tiny steering wheel, thumping stereo, pipes dumped
just ahead of the rear wheels... HUMONGUS 305 2V... OK, so it was a
small V8, but is sure sounded BIG :0) LOL She bought it from a
Hispanic kid who had just joined the USAF and couldn't afford it.
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Old June 25th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote

> I had a 71 Nova that had the rear end hiked up in the air. I thought it
> looked killer. A set of air shocks on your ride was a must in those days.
> I remember the rear end would bounce around like the tires were made of
> solid "super ball" rubber. The shock were so tight they may as well have
> been solid steel tubes. Ahhh... the good old days.
>
>> When you do it, be sure to post some pics!
>>
>> Kate

Mine was a 69 Camaro RS. I remember I had Cragar Mach 8 wheels.. which were
very hot then.

Do you remember "striped twice pipes"?
Never had them myself, but got burned on a set once getting out of a guy's
Firebird.

Gawd DAMN I wish I was 17 again! If I knew then, what I know now...
I'd be even more dangerous than I already am LOL.

Kate

Old June 25th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Big Iron wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote
>> I had a 71 Nova that had the rear end hiked up in the air. I thought it
>> looked killer. A set of air shocks on your ride was a must in those days.
>> I remember the rear end would bounce around like the tires were made of
>> solid "super ball" rubber. The shock were so tight they may as well have
>> been solid steel tubes. Ahhh... the good old days.
>>
>>> When you do it, be sure to post some pics!
>>>
>>> Kate
>>>

> Mine was a 69 Camaro RS. I remember I had Cragar Mach 8 wheels.. which were
> very hot then.

I'm jealous, I had to make do with cast metal (yes they were heavy)
Chevy hubcaps. I kept them when I sold the car because they were
rumored to be valuable. I sold them to a guy for $200 while I was in
college. That $200 bought a lot of beer.

> Do you remember "striped twice pipes"?
> Never had them myself, but got burned on a set once getting out of a guy's
> Firebird.

I guess that trend never made it to small town Indiana.

> Gawd DAMN I wish I was 17 again! If I knew then, what I know now...
> I'd be even more dangerous than I already am LOL.

I wish I was too. I gave up a lot of "good stuff" because I thought I
was in love during my senior year of high school. Plus if we all had
known AIDS was on the horizon maybe the easy love days of the 60s would
have had a brief revival.
Old June 25th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Old June 25th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Big Iron wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote
>> I had a 71 Nova that had the rear end hiked up in the air. I thought it
>> looked killer. A set of air shocks on your ride was a must in those days.
>> I remember the rear end would bounce around like the tires were made of
>> solid "super ball" rubber. The shock were so tight they may as well have
>> been solid steel tubes. Ahhh... the good old days.
>>
>>> When you do it, be sure to post some pics!
>>>
>>> Kate
>>>

> Mine was a 69 Camaro RS. I remember I had Cragar Mach 8 wheels.. which were
> very hot then.

I'm jealous, I had to make do with cast metal (yes they were heavy)
Chevy hubcaps. I kept them when I sold the car because they were
rumored to be valuable. I sold them to a guy for $200 while I was in
college. That $200 bought a lot of beer.

> Do you remember "striped twice pipes"?
> Never had them myself, but got burned on a set once getting out of a guy's
> Firebird.

I guess that trend never made it to small town Indiana.

> Gawd DAMN I wish I was 17 again! If I knew then, what I know now...
> I'd be even more dangerous than I already am LOL.

I wish I was too. I gave up a lot of "good stuff" because I thought I
was in love during my senior year of high school.

leaf springs [email protected] Corvette 3 March 10th 05 11:42 PM
Christmas gift, 4" lift, rear track bar question pbarton Jeep 3 December 27th 04 10:33 PM
lookin 4 butch VW air cooled 12 December 17th 04 12:38 AM
Rear main leaf spring on a C-3 Jim Corvette 2 August 13th 04 08:25 AM