2000 Miata--1500 actual miles--approx. value

Old October 24th 14, 01:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Tuttle

Default 2000 Miata--1500 actual miles--approx. value

Will appreciate estimate of approximate value of 2000 Miata, 1500
miles, always garaged.
I don't know how to determine premium for ridiculously low mileage.
Thanks.
Don
Old October 24th 14, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Q[_3_]

On 2014-10-24 08:49:15 -0400, Don Tuttle > said:

> Will appreciate estimate of approximate value of 2000 Miata, 1500
> miles, always garaged.
> I don't know how to determine premium for ridiculously low mileage.
> Thanks.
> Don

I'm not an expert...

IMHO the general apearance, presentation, fit and finish is more likely
to qualify for a premium. Mileage not so much, as I'm told certain
things detriorate just sitting around equally or more than if they were
in use. Disk brakes, fluids, hoses, tires...

Again, I'm not an expert. YMMV

Old October 24th 14, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Don Tuttle > wrote:

> Will appreciate estimate of approximate value of 2000 Miata, 1500
> miles, always garaged.
> I don't know how to determine premium for ridiculously low mileage.

Most appraisal sites will adjust for mileage.

KBB = $7,762 (very good condition)
NADA = $5,812 (good condition)
Edmunds = $2,839 (good condition, don't know what options or trim level
to add)

I'd look around $5,000. KBB is nothing but a joke since it was bought
by cars.com, Edmunds averages actual sold prices and may be the most
accurate but is low.

Inbetween is the right price, usually.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old October 26th 14, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
T.J. Higgins

In article >, XS11E wrote:
>Don Tuttle > wrote:
>
>> Will appreciate estimate of approximate value of 2000 Miata, 1500
>> miles, always garaged.
>> I don't know how to determine premium for ridiculously low mileage.

>Most appraisal sites will adjust for mileage.
>
>KBB = $7,762 (very good condition)
>NADA = $5,812 (good condition)
>Edmunds = $2,839 (good condition, don't know what options or trim level
>to add)

About 2 months ago I was sitting at a red light, 2nd in line,
when the SUV in front of me put it in reverse and smashed into
me before I could react. Moron.

Mine is a '99 with 216,000 miles. The moron's insurance company
totalled my car, and offered me about $4000 for it. So that's
what a high-mileage '99 is worth. I'd say it was in above-
average condition before the crash.

I decided to keep/repair it. According to the insurance company,
the salvage value was about $900 so they cut me a check for $3100.
The repairs cost me $2900 and I'm back on the road with $200 in my
pocket. Still got to sort out the salvage/rebuilt title issues
with my state DOT though. That will not be fun...

--
TJH
tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net
Old January 20th 15, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I have a 2000, with around 44,000>45,000 original miles, and this summer I had it totally checked out by one of THE BEST Mechanics, that worked on the C5 Huge cargo planes on our nearby base, since he was moving to Tennessee, and I wanted to avail myself of his services once more. Had him change out all four sets of disc brakes, even though he said around 75% left, but hey it took that long, so may last me till I stop driving. I'm 65 now. My Dad gave up driving at 80. Anyway, he said all hoses, belts, etc, were like new.. He pulled off the Valve cover to check out the timing belt also, cause I was concerned about age also. He said nearly like new, with hardly any wear.. So we confidently set out for our fall trip to Pismo Beach as we often do.. I love that car, but was way easier to get in and out buying it new when I was 50 :-). Incidentally, the car is ALWAYS garaged when not in use.